Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just not watching it. I'm 50 next year and in my life time we have won at the pit 5 times once in 1970 that I don't remember. A lifetime of let downs!!
So hope this side has the bottle and belief we have lacked for so long.

Nerves and excitement kicking in now.

What I would give for a win tomorrow, sat in 6th 3 points above Utd with them playing arsenal midweek, Anfield hoodoo ended, title race and unbeaten streak over for the Kopites, Klopp losing it on live tv and the kopites in meltdown all over social media.

Just amazing what a win tomorrow can bring.

So much heartbreak round the corner

Funnily enough im past the point of caring if we lose. We've been beaten that much its almost expected.

When your rock bottom the only way is up, they have much more to lose than we do.

We lose we are still sat 6th and losing to the 2nd place side in the league is nothing to be ashamed of.

They lose they are out of the title race and fear their hoodoo over us could be over. They also have to acknowledge that we are a club slowly building something both on and off the pitch.

Embrace it mate.

...I remember the League Cup Final replay at Maine Rd in 1984 (I think). We got beat 1-0 by the Reds but i’ve never come out of a Derby defeat as content. Souness was magnificent that night, as good an individual display as i’ve seen but we were good, I knew we were better, I knew the balance of power was shifting.

It’s a strange feeling.
I was at that game too. Souness was class but I remember being so depressed that we lost. First final (and replay) I’d ever been too, but then we played in the cup final against Watford the same season and there was no way we were losing that one. The following season we were fantastic and at home we would be losing or drawing at half time and you just knew we would win easily.

Funnily enough im past the point of caring if we lose. We've been beaten that much its almost expected.

When your rock bottom the only way is up, they have much more to lose than we do.

We lose we are still sat 6th and losing to the 2nd place side in the league is nothing to be ashamed of.

They lose they are out of the title race and fear their hoodoo over us could be over. They also have to acknowledge that we are a club slowly building something both on and off the pitch.

Embrace it mate.

I can’t EB. I cannot let myself believe again.

I was at that game too. Souness was class but I remember being so depressed that we lost. First final (and replay) I’d ever been too, but then we played in the cup final against Watford the same season and there was no way we were losing that one. The following season we were fantastic and at home we would be losing or drawing at half time and you just knew we would win easily.

..the point i’m making is that I wasn’t depressed because I knew. I knew the power was shifting. Adrian Heath said he looked at the trophy and knew it should be ours. I’d seen them stuff us with arrogance so often but for some reason that defeat was different.

..the point i’m making is that I wasn’t depressed because I knew. I knew the power was shifting. Adrian Heath said he looked at the trophy and knew it should be ours. I’d seen them stuff us with arrogance so often but for some reason that defeat was different.
I agree. I was only 15 so obviously going to be a bit miffed!

Do you have that same feeling now?

Status
Not open for further replies.