Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently “lfc have been to more european finals this century than Everton have won derbies this century.” Absolutely horrible fact.

So, so bored of us bottling this, we CAN do these.

Good opportunity with them playing a game mid week. If we can keep it tight for the first 20 which is easier send then done I think we can do well

Arsenal have two hard games coming up we have Newcastle home after this one. It's one them games that could define a season that we never seem to win. Oh and the fact it's against the rs at our other ground. ... god if we where to win I'd be happiest I've been as an Evertonian for as long as I can remember.

Silva might throw in Davies (being local and all)

----------Pickford----------
--Keane--Zouma--Mina--
Coleman------------Dinge
----------Gueye----------
----Gomes----Davies----
-----------Sig-----------
-------Richarlison-------

Silva will play the same side that started at Chelsea & Cardiff. Expect Zouma to copy the role Jags played at the bridge if there is something to hold on to & expect Lookman on around 65mins if there isnt.

I think we play better against teams that try to play. Cardiff had a spell midway in the second half when then decided to come out & we instantly started a fast attacking sequence. Cardiff went back deep quite quickly afterwards. Against Chelsea we troubled them as our attacking players had more space because Chelsea were further forward as a team. Spurs last night highlighted that.

I think we can score 1 or 2 goals. We have it in us. So do they though & history shows we generally suck in the derby & will no doubt get a man sent off, give away a penalty, let in a massively deflected shot off our own centre back & probably lose key players to injury early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.