Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have a single top half fullback imo. Tarkowski is a bottom half centreback as proved throughout his entire career. You could argue the same for McNeil and Harrison to be honest although I think both are decent enough. Garner has had a few good premier league games in his career to date. There is potential but he has a lot to prove.

I'm struggling to see the 6 good players you've found.

Pickford who you want to sell
DCL though he's only been fit for a handful of games in 2 years
Branthwaite has stacks of potential but he's a few games into his premier league career
Doucoure isn't a good player. He's doing a job because of Dyche-ball and would look terrible in most other systems
Onana has potential but he needs to step up to be considered good. He wouldn't get into most top half first 11's no matter how many stats you want to provide.

And of course, in 2023 the first team means little as it's a squad game and our squad has the depth of a puddle.

We're poor and 3 managers in a row have shown that

I'd go with Pickford, Branthwaite, Tarkowski, Garner, Onana, DCL.

Also I'd say Patterson with a run of games will come good...Mykolenko and McNeil are mid table players that have very good performances in them.

As you said, the squad isnt good at all. Using some of those squad players takes the level of the others down as they have to try and compensate.

True enough… but I don’t think that would have affected the penalty award really. That’s just as likely to happen.
No it isn't just as likely to happen. Had the game stopped properly for the RS player to be sent off, however long that would have taken, the future passages of play would have been different. The would likely not have been attacking down their left for the cross to go in for the handball. Think about it. A secnd yellow at that point would have changed the game completely...

Konate should have 100% been off but let's be real here. We had no intention to win. Just seen a stat..... Everton made just 112 accurate passes in their 2-0 loss at Liverpool on Saturday, the fewest by a team in a Premier League match this season..... We always set up awfully for these types of games. I'm not suprised with the result. I'm just bored of Dyche football.

No it isn't just as likely to happen. Had the game stopped properly for the RS player to be sent off, however long that would have taken, the future passages of play would have been different. The would likely not have been attacking down their left for the cross to go in for the handball. Think about it. A secnd yellow at that point would have changed the game completely...
Hmmm I’m not as convinced of that as you. In many ways I don’t think our red changed the game much either

FB_IMG_1697981996651.jpg

Hmmm I’m not as convinced of that as you. In many ways I don’t think our red changed the game much either
Well think about it then. Instead of the passage of playing continuing as it did with no sending off, had he been sent off, then inevitably there would have been a delay in play with the ref reaching for his card, showing his card, the RS player walking off, etc.. The passgae of play would then have been completely different, and it would be 10 v. 10. It would not have been the same. That is irrefutable...

Seriously our red had a massive impact on the game, with dyche changing the team set up completely at half time.
Yes the changes and natch stats support that claim.
The RS, know and acknowledge they got the key descions on bookings in the gane, all in their favour. It was written in the stars, after their Spurs game.

Pawson, the pathetic coward and excuse for a referee, should be banned from EPL games and made to retake his badges.

But Young and Keane should know better. Young is not up to the pace and risks a career finishing injury if he is trying to recover 2yards before he makes contact with the ball, and Keane, what is there left to say, in terms if his role as a defender.

Yes the changes and natch stats support that claim.
The RS, know and acknowledge they got the key descions on bookings in the gane, all in their favour. It was written in the stars, after their Spurs game.

Pawson, the pathetic coward and excuse for a referee, should be banned from EPL games and made to retake his badges.

But Young and Keane should know better. Young is not up to the pace and risks a career finishing injury if he is trying to recover 2yards before he makes contact with the ball, and Keane, what is there left to say, in terms if his role as a defender.

Last few weeks. No prizes for guessing the only club a pen was given against.
View attachment 232399
He did his job.

The play book was ALWAYS going to be use a Merseyside Derby to make good the Diaz 'mistake'.

I said yesterday that the only way we avoided that was if Dyche had used his time in the media in the run up to the derby to hammer home the terrible record against Everton in derbies in terms of sendings off and pens conceded, and stated that he hoped the officials wouldn't spoil the spectacle this time around. There's no use (as he did) crying about it after the match.

Dyche is not savvy enough for gamesmanship and putting the authorities on the spot. De Zerbi is, and that's how they didn't get robbed against Liverpool the game after the Spurs-Diaz game. Dyche is too much looking after Dyche with the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.