Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ref wasn't great, but Young didn't really give him an option on the second card. Moronic. Keane needs to have his arms tied together behind his back from now on. You could argue that he was quite close to the cross, but with his arm stretched out like that, it was only going to get given. Branthwaite looks very good to me. Also Mykolenko did well again against Salah. Their midfield is much better than ours.

It wasn't competitive today?

They needed a pen to break through against a 10 man team, and they needed the ref's help to keep from going down to 10 themselves.

Not for me. We stood back and went all out defence. That's not the competitive nature I'm looking for. Unfortunately there's a ridiculous gulf in quality between the two sides so it's the best we can hope for.

At the end of the day, the records will say another routine derby win for them and get another defeat for us. This fixture has become as one sided as a derby such as Chelsea and Fulham.

Imagine what this team could do if we actually got a good manager and not a bottom 5 manager!

Decisions today were absolutely baffling... we offered nothing after half time and basically rolled over and were there to be beaten....

Does Dyche care? Not a chance, in the presser he will say his usual tripe, he won`t call out the PGMOL and the corruption. Literally defeat after defeat and he just trots out utter rubbish.

Dyche has always been the type of manager to target certain games for enough points to stay in the league. As long as he is here we have to accept that is the current reality we are in.

As for getting a good manager I'm not even sure being ''good'' is enough to be successful at this club.

55142f84-20d2-4926-8bbb-a927712ca2e2.jpeg

Inconsistent refereeing, just deciding to apply the rules sometimes and not others depending on the colour of the shirt.

We’ll beat them at Goodison.
A referee notorious for making big gaffs shouldn't have been given thus game. His inconsistent descidons turned this game in tge RS favour.
Tsimikas snd Konate both should have walked.

Young should know better, than be rash in the tackle.

11 v 11 us a fair game, but lack of quality today earn we had 11 players cost Everton, snd poor finishing.

Now for a tough game at West Ham which can be won.

UTFTs!
Waiting for the normal MOTD pundit drivel saying some thing like ..

Yeah, Konate was a bit lucky not to get a second yellow but Liverpool deserved a bit of luck after the Spurs game

Doubt there'll be much of a mention for how it impacted us though!
Agreed, the game is being ruined by poor officials and inconsistency. I don't mind losing when the officials are fair and consistent.
Pawson is not fit for refereeing Sunday morning ale House games.

Will Pawson be demoted to the Championship fixtures I doubt it.

Bounce back at West Ham.
UTFTs!

Imagine what this team could do if we actually got a good manager and not a bottom 5 manager!

Decisions today were absolutely baffling... we offered nothing after half time and basically rolled over and were there to be beaten....

Does Dyche care? Not a chance, in the presser he will say his usual tripe, he won`t call out the PGMOL and the corruption. Literally defeat after defeat and he just trots out utter rubbish.
I dunno. I think you're underestimating how limited they are. If you think the sky is the limit with a more progressive manager, you're living in cuckoo land.

There was a stat that came up at one point in the game that said we had made 30 passes to their 200+. We are what we are. Very limited. But also very much too good to go down.

Dyche has always been the type of manager to target certain games for enough points to stay in the league. As long as he is here we have to accept that is the current reality we are in.

As for getting a good manager I'm not even sure being ''good'' is enough to be successful at this club.
We are currently the type of team that need to target certain games to stay up. So really he is the perfect manager if what you say about Dyche is factual....

Thought Harrison and McNeil were really poor in the first half. Didn't give us anything when we needed them in possession. If they'd impacted the game more we could've given them a lot of problems.
Yep, even with 11 players,a lack of quality in the final pass, and poor descision making, and finishing, summed up today.

One to forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.