Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Biggest Waste of Space Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can go there and make something of it. The last game our tactics were comically bad and they took full advantage but even then scoring 5 was ridiculously ruthless finishing. Intensity and fearlessness are key. If we play scared or don't match the pace early we will be out of it quick.

I think we can go there and make something of it. The last game our tactics were comically bad and they took full advantage but even then scoring 5 was ridiculously ruthless finishing. Intensity and fearlessness are key. If we play scared or don't match the pace early we will be out of it quick.
I disagree. If they were ruthless, they’d have had 8 or 9. We were that bad.

Now though, we no longer have a clown in charge, and Carlo seems to have the magic touch in beating them. Keep the confidence high at City and I reckon we have a chance.

Last edited:
I disagree. If they were ruthless, they’d have had 8 or 9. We were that bad.

Now though, we no longer have a clown in charge, and Carlo seems to have the magic touch in beating them. Keep the confidence high at Coty and I reckon we have a chance.
They scored 5 goals on 11 shots. I guess they could have gone 9 for 11 but I've never seen that in the PL. That's more like basketball foul shooting. I guess they could have tried to press for more chances but even in the first half when they surely wouldn't have been easing up they had 4 goals on 5 shots. It doesn't get more ruthless than that.

We were bad in that they simply hit long balls repeatedly and created massive chances from it, but that to me resembled the Tottenham game that was 6-2 where a different day it is only 3 or 4 and not Leicester's beatdown of Southampton where it was a really deserved crooked number.

They scored 5 goals on 11 shots. I guess they could have gone 9 for 11 but I've never seen that in the PL. That's more like basketball foul shooting. I guess they could have tried to press for more chances but even in the first half when they surely wouldn't have been easing up they had 4 goals on 5 shots. It doesn't get more ruthless than that.

We were bad in that they simply hit long balls repeatedly and created massive chances from it, but that to me resembled the Tottenham game that was 6-2 where a different day it is only 3 or 4 and not Leicester's beatdown of Southampton where it was a really deserved crooked number.
I just recall them missing 2 golden chances in the second half alone. Assume there may have been more. Irregardless, I can’t imagine that type of result happening again.

I just recall them missing 2 golden chances in the second half alone. Assume there may have been more. Irregardless, I can’t imagine that type of result happening again.
They did miss at least one big chance but after shooting 80% in the first half it wasn't like they were getting unlucky. Obviously letting guys in behind as much as we did is really piss poor, but I don't think it takes a massive amount of change to be at least competitive this time around. Pickford needs to probably bail us out at least once though and that is definitely not what happened in the league match.

Not 5-2 please just compete, it's in the devils lair so a draw would be acceptable, just not another hammering, thankfully Mr Ancelotti doesn't do hammerings, I hope(hoping for a lot at the moment and why not)

Nice one Carlos. Personally, I'd prefer Holgate to Keane in defence. Then again, he might get a red card for raking his studs down Firmino's ugly mug. 3-2 to the blues

Status
Not open for further replies.