Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theyve had a few dirty players in my time.. Smith, Souness, Case, Dicks etc. But at least they were usually blatant and frequently punished by refs. Klopp has got a few of them swaggering round doing sly dirty fouls seemingly with impunity let alone even review by VAR. Its about time some brave souls in the media picked up on it instead of queueing up to kiss their arses.
Id imagine every other clubs fans want the same but its nigh on impossible when the mainstream channels (Sky, BT etc.) are full of retired, irrelevant RS pundits

Theyve had a few dirty players in my time.. Smith, Souness, Case, Dicks etc. But at least they were usually blatant and frequently punished by refs. Klopp has got a few of them swaggering round doing sly dirty fouls seemingly with impunity let alone even review by VAR. Its about time some brave souls in the media picked up on it instead of queueing up to kiss their arses.
Honestly, I’m more annoyed that none of our lot have the fight to give any back than I am about what they got away with.

Obviously would be different if anyone got hurt, but come on, it’s the derby, theres supposed to be some edge.

Honestly, I’m more annoyed that none of our lot have the fight to give any back than I am about what they got away with.

Obviously would be different if anyone got hurt, but come on, it’s the derby, theres supposed to be some edge.
Come on Ive been watching derbies since the early 70s and can clearly distinguish the distinct difference between what you call edge.. and getting away with outright foul play. That was my total point. Its obvious that we have no fighters though Im more resigned to it with this crew rather than annoyed. Im guessing they wouldnt even do "giving any back" very well if the truth be known. .

Come on Ive been watching derbies since the early 70s and can clearly distinguish the distinct difference between what you call edge.. and getting away with outright foul play. That was my total point. Its obvious that we have no fighters though Im more resigned to it with this crew rather than annoyed. Im guessing they wouldnt even do "giving any back" very well if the truth be known. .
But that’s the thing that makes me less bothered about the foul play. I don’t want to give our cowards the excuse.

We’ve had poor teams before, almost certainly worse than this lot from a pure talent point of view, but they had fight and they wouldn’t have got beat 5-2 last night without even a whimper and wouldn’t have let a stamp or a forearm happen.

I’m not crying about those things because if they let it happen without giving anything back, they deserve it.

Mate, they perfected the discreet cheat decades ago Phil Neal, Alan Hansen, Jim Beglin and loads more not considered "dirty" players had the accidental trip and obstruction as danger loomed down to a fine art.The tramps got away with it because no one in the media was savvy enough to pick up on it the shifty gets

Mate, they perfected the discreet cheat decades ago Phil Neal, Alan Hansen, Jim Beglin and loads more not considered "dirty" players had the accidental trip and obstruction as danger loomed down to a fine art.The tramps got away with it because no one in the media was savvy enough to pick up on it the shifty gets
Yes those in addition. Like now then with the media, my point entirely.

I don't agree about them being dirty. As derbies go the tackles were pretty sedate. Yes there were some missimed ones, but I wouldn't attribute malice to them. I thought both teams tried to play and the quality of the football was decent even if the result was poor. Hard to single out a man of the match. Would have been very interesting finish to the game if Kean had converted his chance with 10 minutes to go.

20 years, 30 years, 40 years?

How long before we show our disapproval.

If this was Italy or Turkey the fan's would be burning down the training ground.

I am not advocating violence, but a large banner proclaiming SHAME would be in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.