Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have played crap for ages, but have won by a single goal, hard work and will power.
But watch them turn into Barcelona on Wednesday. And please no Carragher......But of course Amazon will dig some of the buggers up.

Never felt so disinterested in a derby, a heavy loss is inevitable. Won’t be as dominant as the 4-0 where they had about 40 shots, but could easily score 5 or 6 from 10-15 clear chances

I think we could actually play ´well´ but lose by 3 or 4. They are ruthless at both ends of the pitch and we are the complete opposite.

Silva needs to go before Liverpool game otherwise it will be like watching U5's play against their dads and dads win 22 something nil not letting the kids play

Not watching and I really mean it this time.

Pickford slips and throws the ball into his own net in the last minute of stoppage time 1-0

My take: we have 11 players in the pitch to start. Use every single one of them to launch a two footed challenge at breakneck speed on any of their players and end their seasons.

Ha ha. Brilliant. Needs to be done together first 10 seconds. Let var send em all off if needs be but do a proper job.

My take: we have 11 players in the pitch to start. Use every single one of them to launch a two footed challenge at breakneck speed on any of their players and end their seasons.
That's quite clever game plan because after 4 sending offs there will be a walkover and we'll lose only 0-3.

All logical reasoning goes out of my head with this game each year; regardless of form or league position for the best part of twenty five years we have found new and imaginative ways of not getting a result there. We’ve been beaten by some abysmal Liverpool sides, as well as some very good ones. We’ve played weakened sides and been hammered, that was the worst one for me - because it was midweek and we had Sunderland at home on the Saturday in the FA Cup with an early kick off. I’ve never forgiven Martinez for that.

But on the night, I’ll get searched about five times before reaching the turnstile, whilst home fans in the same stand just stroll in the adjacent turnstile, there’ll be a mix of Everton stewards around the concourse with plenty of others in various high visibility jackets, it’s a pantomime, stop singing , calm it down....you still think we can get a win at this point though. Probably the ale though, you refuse the Carlsberg and get the San Miguel to top up what you’ve already drunk.

Then it begins, turn your back on the pantomime and scarves if you’ve got to your seat by this point or wait until it’s done before remembering the view is as bad as last time. We look 30 seconds from disaster when we have the ball and running in tar when we don’t. Then it settles down, we never look confident on the ball, you are stood up and if we up for it, which hasn’t been the case in too many games, you are just hoping we can score first because when we don’t, it’s been too many years since we scored more than one there. Even when we last did it, Howard found one of them new things to find another way to ensure we dont hold on to our lead.

The Derby? It really is a game like no other in world football, especially when you are an Evertonian. But I tell you what..despite everything, I still believe we are capable of winning there. I’ve said that for too many years now, I just hope it’s this Wednesday. All i’ll say is that we are better than we’ve seen in recent weeks and for too many, including some players and supporters, we are beaten in the head before a ball is kicked. And we wonder why it’s been so long.

Grow a pair, match up and have a go as if it actually matters. The result will be then be what it is, even if we add another remarkable way of ensuring it’s yet another year. COYB

Will be a whole decade that we haven't managed to beat them if we fail to do so on Wednesday. Pathetic, really.

All logical reasoning goes out of my head with this game each year; regardless of form or league position for the best part of twenty five years we have found new and imaginative ways of not getting a result there. We’ve been beaten by some abysmal Liverpool sides, as well as some very good ones. We’ve played weakened sides and been hammered, that was the worst one for me - because it was midweek and we had Sunderland at home on the Saturday in the FA Cup with an early kick off. I’ve never forgiven Martinez for that.

But on the night, I’ll get searched about five times before reaching the turnstile, whilst home fans in the same stand just stroll in the adjacent turnstile, there’ll be a mix of Everton stewards around the concourse with plenty of others in various high visibility jackets, it’s a pantomime, stop singing , calm it down....you still think we can get a win at this point though. Probably the ale though, you refuse the Carlsberg and get the San Miguel to top up what you’ve already drunk.

Then it begins, turn your back on the pantomime and scarves if you’ve got to your seat by this point or wait until it’s done before remembering the view is as bad as last time. We look 30 seconds from disaster when we have the ball and running in tar when we don’t. Then it settles down, we never look confident on the ball, you are stood up and if we up for it, which hasn’t been the case in too many games, you are just hoping we can score first because when we don’t, it’s been too many years since we scored more than one there. Even when we last did it, Howard found one of them new things to find another way to ensure we dont hold on to our lead.

The Derby? It really is a game like no other in world football, especially when you are an Evertonian. But I tell you what..despite everything, I still believe we are capable of winning there. I’ve said that for too many years now, I just hope it’s this Wednesday. All i’ll say is that we are better than we’ve seen in recent weeks and for too many, including some players and supporters, we are beaten in the head before a ball is kicked. And we wonder why it’s been so long.

Grow a pair, match up and have a go as if it actually matters. The result will be then be what it is, even if we add another remarkable way of ensuring it’s yet another year. COYB

Great post, the bit in bold certainly rings true for me. On the day of the game, I always get carried away and start thinking what it´d be like to see our players celebrate a win there. You can´t help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.