Match Thread Liverpool v Everton, FA Cup 3rd Round, Friday 5th Jan 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Cenk lad would be outstanding for games like these. Likes getting in the opposition's head from the bits I've seen. I hope Klaassen plays. I don't know why. Klaassen always seemed to produce something in big games for Ajax.

That Cenk lad would be outstanding for games like these. Likes getting in the opposition's head from the bits I've seen. I hope Klaassen plays. I don't know why. Klaassen always seemed to produce something in big games for Ajax.

Apart from the Europa League final where he was particularly crap ( in fact that's the only game I've ever watched him play before he signed for us )

Apart from the Europa League final where he was particularly crap ( in fact that's the only game I've ever watched him play before he signed for us )

Ajax fans were gutted to lose him. The man for the moment he was. A mate of mine who supports PSV said Davy Klaassen was a real leader, and the only player they absolutely hated playing against. He's a true leader, and I can't help but feel that he's not living up to his potential right now.

Ajax fans were gutted to lose him. The man for the moment he was. A mate of mine who supports PSV said Davy Klaassen was a real leader, and the only player they absolutely hated playing against. He's a true leader, and I can't help but feel that he's not living up to his potential right now.

Your not wrong about living up to his potential mate which is a shame. Time will tell if he gets a chance but I think it might be best for us to loan him out as he isn't even making the bench

The most concerning thing I heard when he was signing was that he tended to drift out of the game. When he got the ball he was class but just didn't do enough to get it. That seems to have come true

No way is Klaassen getting the nod for this game.

Would go with the following:

Pickford

Kenny Holgate Williams Martina

Gana McCarthy

Lennon Siggurdsson Bolasie

Rooney

Then after 60 minutes take Bolasie off for Niasse and drop Rooney deeper and Davies for McCarthy. Niasse operates alot more effectively from the bench and DCL offers no threat at all and should only come on if we are losing and we need every forward on the pitch.

I think that’s close but I want Tosun to start up top if he signs in time.

Be tempted to have Rooney on the bench ready to come on if required.

Or have Siggy on the right and Rooney in behind Tosun.

Status
Not open for further replies.