Liverpool at Anfield or Utd at Old Trafford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much this.

I think refs should get 1 view from each available camera angle played at normal speed.

No pauses, no rewinds. No frame by frame advance.

If you can't spot your own mistake, decision stands.

The biggest balls up was not letting play advance for a couple of seconds. Once he's killed the attack, the pen really should stand.

I have said pretty much the same thing. If its clear and obvious, you don't need to play it in 1/8 speed to make your mind up. The game is played in real time, it should be officiated in real time.

What VAR will not protect us from is poor officials, as they are regularly making the wrong decisions at any speed. What it should protect us from, is cheating. If Richarlison had gone down in the box and there was no contact whatsoever from Lloris, then book him, but that should be the only way VAR should be used. Cheating is the biggest on field issue in the sport imo and they should focus all their energy on that.

Deffo should have been allowed to get the shot off. Then if he misses go to VAR t o check if it should have been a pen

When it wasn't a pen it should have gone back to the foul on Gordon tbh. Had he of played advantage for the pen, then its gone to far, but after not giving the pen, it should go back to the foul, not simply put the ball in the keepers hands.

Still for me the biggest issue was not waiting until the ball was dead before checking for the penalty.
Richarlison has a pretty much an open goal when he got up after the challenge by Lloris with just defender to lift the ball over as the keeper was in no mans land.

Now that is the real point, should have waited until ball was dead. Pretty sure Richie would have scored.

Reactions: JLW

I personally think the Ref made the right call when you see it back on the screen though off course before the check i thought Pen, but i want to know what would have happened if Rich didnt pick the ball up, and put the ball in the net, for then the Ref to go and overturn it

The ref had blown so cannot blame Richie. Should have allowed advantage. Too quick too blow up and too quick to hand it back to Spurs.

Fat mess Moss was on VAR so of course.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I'm positive I read before the season started that the Ace Blubberbutt Lee Mason is now in overall control of VAR at Stockley, for every game played. Every game, every week
That is the overriding factor to how biased the decisions against us have been this season.

Plus, Moss holds the record for having awarded more penalties against a particular team than any other referee, pre war, and we all know the name of the team in question, don't we. Therefore, it is only right he addresses this imbalance by not awarding penalties to us when he should.
A thorough (bad language removed by the poster), I mean, professional.

Still for me the biggest issue was not waiting until the ball was dead before checking for the penalty.
Richarlison has a pretty much an open goal when he got up after the challenge by Lloris with just defender to lift the ball over as the keeper was in no mans land.
He also had Gordon stood unmarked around the penalty spot with only one man on the line ..... a soon as he blew up for the pen it's a deadball....

Reactions: JLW
Status
Not open for further replies.