'Little Boy Blue' - Rhys Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was hard to watch, filled up every time i seen Rhys in the hospital or lying in the bed with his Everton blanket, just made me think of my boys and how would you even cope with that, ended up fuming by the end at the cocky little shitbags and their parents thinking their something, gangsters my arse, their just scum

Got to give it to the actors who played the cocky little shitbags though. Good acting throughout made it so realistic. Great cast

Got to give it to the actors who played the cocky little shitbags though. Good acting throughout made it so realistic. Great cast
On the police when I was a teenager in town in the 1970's most coppers were Lancastrian in town as the training centre was in Hutton Lancs - at the time I was 6 ft 1 inch tall enquied about joining the police force - got told sbout the training, and was told that if I passed out I would not be posted back to Liverpool - reason familiarity family etc - noticed 99 percent of the cops were real talking scousers as this changed now or is it mis casting ?
Just wondered if the practice had changed still great acting in such sad circumstances!

On the police when I was a teenager in town in the 1970's most coppers were Lancastrian in town as the training centre was in Hutton Lancs - at the time I was 6 ft 1 inch tall enquied about joining the police force - got told sbout the training, and was told that if I passed out I would not be posted back to Liverpool - reason familiarity family etc - noticed 99 percent of the cops were real talking scousers as this changed now or is it mis casting ?
Just wondered if the practice had changed still great acting in such sad circumstances!

Members of my family serving obviously don't live in the areas they work. If you apply and get accepted for a force you work for them. There are training centres for the newbies which are from all over the country until they pass out and go to their parent force. Or it used to be anyway

Members of my family serving obviously don't live in the areas they work. If you apply and get accepted for a force you work for them. There are training centres for the newbies which are from all over the country until they pass out and go to their parent force. Or it used to be anyway
It's just memories of the police on Merseyside when In the 1970-80,s it was a mix but mainly outside police a few scousers etc , but definitely a minority last night apart from the Scottish top lady officer it was all scousers just a point I found strange hence my query?
Great acting, in such a sad event!

My missus went upstairs just before it started saying she just couldn't watch it, glad she did I was watching it through misty eyes, brilliant acting but the truth is still raw, just an ordinary family with a typical little lad who sadly didn't make it safely home that night.

Hopefully the next three parts won't tug so much on the heart strings but show how the Police and public helped bring the scumbag perpetrators to justice.

5pm last night -I packed my lad off to his football academy session in his Blues kit, happy as larry
6pm- I played footie(well when I say 'played'...!) in my Blues top
715pm-Shower
8pm-Tea
9pm-Put on ITV
908pm-10pm-Cried, got angry, cried some more, got even more angry, went upstairs to check on my boy and his little sister, cried on the landing
1030pm-Felt kinda numb, checked on the kids again

Really hit me hard, and can't quite put my finger on why (I mean I know 'why', but guess its the Blues link to it all and the awesome acting all round)

Honestly not sure if I can watch it again next week

Status
Not open for further replies.