Match Thread LFC 0-2 Everton 20 Feb 21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pragmatic approach Carlo, well done. Realises there’s still plenty of bottlers in the squad and that there’ll be consequences from the first game eg guaranteed sending off for us and that lot being allowed to kick us all round the park, so is not risking 2 lads who could be big players for the remainder of the season.
Feels like it. Not sure how I feel about it.

quite happy with that line-up. theirs is not great.

feeling optimistic.

We couldn't beat them when Allen and Adam were their midfield engine and Brad Jones was their goalie. I will believe when it is FT and we've scored more than them..... which hasn't happened in 11 years

I think if Allan isn’t fit enough that’s probably our best available midfield 3 but I’m hoping Doucoure and Davies both sit centrally to break everything up with Doucoure carrying the ball forward and Davies passing it forward rather than Doucoure trying to fill the James hole.
No DCL is an enormous blow though, need a big game from Richy and an on form James today.

If you're Klopp you tell the divers to run at him all day as if you dont glide past him he gives cynical fouls away in and around our box.

No point resting Allan & DCL when we could be 2 down before he inevitably makes his 70th minute subs.

Would have made sense starting both and bringing both off around 60 minutes and see the game out with the likes of Gomes & King when the pace of the game has died down.

He’s also started Coleman, another one who was left for dead in the previous game before he did his hamstring (probably a result of being dragged pillar to post). Klopps game plan will be easy today. Shocking really.

Until we have players who are willing to run at opponents and carry the ball, we will remain a very average team.

Its not rocket science but we recruit like it doesn't matter.

We recruit like a Dutch side in a slow league of predominantly static ball passers and we wonder why when the DOF has spent most of his career in Holland identifying those types of players.

The only real suprise was Walsh doing it as he saw first hand at Leicester what pacey direct players could do for a team

Status
Not open for further replies.