Match Thread LFC 0-2 Everton 20 Feb 21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
100% this. Lad does nothing. He’s just gonna stand off and let them walk right through us. I can’t believe he’s getting game time in the derby FFS. The most dispossessed player in the league, slowest midfielder and the player who’s committed the most fouls. I don’t believe it.

If you're Klopp you tell the divers to run at him all day as if you dont glide past him he gives cynical fouls away in and around our box.

No point resting Allan & DCL when we could be 2 down before he inevitably makes his 70th minute subs.

Would have made sense starting both and bringing both off around 60 minutes and see the game out with the likes of Gomes & King when the pace of the game has died down.

No one to carry the ball or stretch the field. Basically surrendering the midfield to them which is their weakness.

This thing of leaving players on the bench makes zero sense. Either they are injured or they are fit.

Suppose the risk with a hamstring injury is if it's slightly off then you're out for weeks.

Doing an hour compared to 20 mins or whatever could be just too much.

I don't know, I'm done with this fixture and it's the other games that we've thrown away this season that have cost us more than whatever happens - or doesn't happen - today will.

Team is horrendous, no-one to make any runs to stretch their defence, running from deep, getting into the box. I’d have at least played Iwobi for someone who can carry the ball. I’ve understood his thinking behind some line ups etc and hate normally being so negative but that line up just doesn’t inspire any confidence.

No one in midfield who naturally knows when to press their defence/cdm, I see no way in which we don’t get completely overran here, I’ve learnt to be pessimistic at best in derbies last 10 years but I have never felt as flat seeing the line up against Liverpool.

If the plan is to sit back which it will be with that team. Would of been better having king up top he would blitz there cbs for pace, simple over the top to bypass there press, I’m worried now like the last 2 games we try to play it into Richie feet and that’s just not going to work.

Coleman v Mane

well that’s the end of that one then!

Hopefully that means Godfrey left back with Digne in front of him to try and take Salah out.
It’ll be one of those games where Doucs lives on the the right side to help deal with it. Unfortunately that renders him less effective at doing what he usually does so well being the only midfielder driving us forward.

We’ve arguably got more options off the bench than they have. Allan King DCL Iwobi. Very attacking if needed.
Unfortunately ...it will be needed ! We'll defend under pressure / give up a goal in either the last 5 min of first half or first 5 min of second half / chase game and give up a second or third and pick up a red card. We've all seen this movie too many times !

Status
Not open for further replies.