Match Thread LFC 0-2 Everton 20 Feb 21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

It makes the mind boggle, it really does. Does Carlo think we have some excellent record in turning defeats into victory? Because that's what his team selection is saying. Do Liverpool have a record of turning victories into defeat? Can't believe he hasn't had the balls, unlike Potter and Dyche, to try and beat them.

He publicly said both DCL and Allan are fit to start, so he's choosing not to play them. Who on earth is James supposed to pass the ball to? Richarlison when he's got 4 players around him? Utterly hopeless team selection.

This is what I can see him saying.

Before the game:

Our plan is to contain them which is why we didn't start DCL. Allan is fit but he hasn't played yet since his injury.

After the game once we've been smashed, again:

The players' legs are tired following the last two games. Liverpool had more energy. Unfortunately DCL and Allan weren't able to help us turn the game around after they came on.
Ancelotti After the game.

We knew the game would be stretched and to bring DCL to make an impact when there was tired legs was a brave decision which paid off for us in the end. I thought he took his second goal really well from a tight angle.

I can just about remember Gomes playing really well in this game two years ago. Amazing how far he has regressed since then and it isn't just down to the injury either.

Thread full of moaner, we won at Anfield 5 times since 1974 and 1 was a cup game.
doesn’t matter who he starts we will lose and why put DCL on to get hacked down by them?

Status
Not open for further replies.