Match Thread LFC 0-2 Everton 20 Feb 21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the players can execute Carlo’s game plan then I believe we can win. However if we deviate from it then we lose.
If Siggy plays and he is his usual half arsed self then the rest of the team cannot make up for him going missing at crucial times and we lose.
Then there is Pickford to worry about.
Still, tomorrow is our day, 1-2.

Yeah it’s horrible she was 13 she got cancer only found out Wednesday. I took her the vet when I found a lump an she had a seizure this morning. I thought she had died [Poor language removed] myself was horrible took her back an they said it had spread to her lungs. so had to put her to sleep. Devastated but I didn’t want her to be in any pain.
Sorry to hear about that mate. been through it and it hurts like hell but One day, the memories will be sweet.

I’ve reached a point in which I’m not even nervous the day before a Derby now. It’s just the inevitable that we know what is coming.

22 years at Anfield without a win and 11 years in total for any win is just disgraceful.

I doubt the Barcelona Derby is that one sided and they practically dominated football for a decade.
When you consider West Brom, Wolves, Villa, Southampton, Swansea, West Ham, Fulham, Brighton, Burnley, Blackpool and Palace have gone there and won it makes our record even worse. Nowadays Derby games have become pretty boring and predictable games, we somehow manage either not to win or lose them. When were played them at the last GP derby with fans, I was just waiting for them to score a last minute goal, when the chants of you're gonna win F all started, I thought they're gonna score now and this was with 5 seconds to go.

We didn't actually have a chance in that game, plus losing to their reserve side last year was unforgiveable, even the RS weren't that bothered about winning, they were embarrassed. Conceding in the 96th minute in the worst way possible, Mane in the 94th minute and losing the Semi Final doesn't fil you with any confidence. I don't get it really we can go to Man City and draw against their title winning team, give teams like United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal a hard game at GP, but when never seem to perform in these games.

Personally I think it's much bigger than the players and the managers, because they've come and gone and we still have the same problem. I remember Carragher talking about this, how our players would be friendly to their players and their players not thinking the same way before games. I think it's due to the media, promoting this idea Liverpool is a 1 club city, that their fans our the best in the world all that nonsense you see in the media. It was actually one on their players who pointed out this nonsense Sinama Pongolle, when he said that only Everton fans recognized him and spoke to him about football, most RS didn't even know who he was. Kenwright has always been somewhat of a sellout to me, same with a lot of higher ups at Everton who wouldn't stand up to the RS. Hopefully Carlo doesn't take any nonsense and we can get something.

That video just makes my blood boil watching the RS players surrounding the ref and pushing our players jurying the afters. Some shockers in there too, rodwells, pienaars 2nd yellow
What year was it Gerrard got sent off after 20 minutes and I think they still won? I was convinced we would win as well! I've learnt since to expect nothing then I won't get angry and drink stupid amounts of lager drowning my sorrows.

If DCL and Allan are fit, play them from the start ffs.

This will be over in half an hour otherwise. If both of Sigurdsson and James are in this XI it's going to be a bloodbath.

They've got their reason to be motivated for this, as moronic as it is, so if we're not bang at it and meet them head on, we're getting handily beaten. They'll come steaming out of the traps here and will nail James in the first 10. When they do, can we please for once get the entire squad and staff on to the ref immediately?

The sensible money is on a spanking. We've ticked off the new low of losing to their kids with a full strength team out, so we might as well tick off losing in an empty stadium as well.

Before anyone says anyone's being negative, it was also considered "negative" to think we wouldn't win against their U23s in the cup. There are no "negative" forecasts for Everton in Anfield derbies.

Lol

Attachments

• IMG-20210219-WA0040.jpg
    IMG-20210219-WA0040.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 83
What year was it Gerrard got sent off after 20 minutes and I think they still won? I was convinced we would win as well! I've learnt since to expect nothing then I won't get angry and drink stupid amounts of lager drowning my sorrows.
If memory serves me correctly Stevie G la got sent off in 99 when super Kev scored early doors and we won for the last time at the ditch

Status
Not open for further replies.