Match Thread LFC 0-2 Everton 20 Feb 21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They can koff with this no pen nonsense it stopped a goal scoring opportunity same as Keane against Brighton last season.

Unintentional or not
This is exactly the point. I’ve always said that handball shouldn’t take into account “intent” the same way a foul doesn’t take into account whether a player meant to win the ball or not. This is the same: TAA impeded DCL from getting to a loose ball in front of an open goal; whether or not he meant to is irrelevant, it robbed us of a goal scoring opportunity illegally, which is what a penalty is given to remedy.

If it went against us I’d be upset at the bad luck, but it is what it is. Went for us for once. At Anfield. Sound.

OK, I have to go but can we please drop this whole "controversial" penalty call? I mean, here in South America it is a penalty, as it is anywhere. Again, the defender might not have meant to block Calvin. Maybe it is true that he could not control his body. IT DOES NOT MATTER. The fact is that Calvin had a clear chance to score but didn't because the Liverpool player impeded his movement. Sure, it is unfortunate for them, but here, there and everywhere it is a PENALTY.

Enjoy the victory Toffees!

12A3CCD0-A7DD-4DBF-8EA7-E2002A53D02B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.