Lewis Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.
If no one wants them there's not a lot we can do.

Our squad is bloated currently, until spaces are made I doubt any will come in.

I think there has to be an evaluation of the whole u23 side...there seems to be good reports of players when they first come into the side...

Then no one seems to be able to successfully step into the first team...unless signed late in their development.

I think there has to be an evaluation of the whole u23 side...there seems to be good reports of players when they first come into the side...

Then no one seems to be able to successfully step into the first team...unless signed late in their development.

...but that final step into the PL is such a massive one that very few are able to make it, regardless of club. Those that stand out at U23 level demonstrate they have a chance of making a living in the game.

i think the strategy of buying in promising youngsters is actually working, with the likes of Stones, DCL, Lookman and Holgate. It only takes one or two. A host of recent U23s are of that ilk (Gibson, Bowler, Adeniran, Hornby, Virginia etc) and not come through the academy.

Last edited:
...but that final step into the PL is such a massive one that very few are able to make it, regardless of club. Those that stand out at U23 level demonstrate they have a chance of making a living in the game.

i think the strategy of buying in promising youngsters is actually working, with the likes of Stones, DCL, Lookman and Holgate. It only takes one or two. A host of recent U23s are of that ilk (Bowler, Adeniran, Hornby, Virginia etc) and not come through the academy.
DO you think any of these will make it here though? They seem to have gone backwards recently

DO you think any of these will make it here though? They seem to have gone backwards recently

....I doubt it any of that group will. Gordon seems to be the one and he is an Academy graduate. There are a few promising ones coming through behind him with the likes of Onyango, Dobbin and John. Onyango looking particularly promising.

....I doubt it any of that group will. Gordon seems to be the one, and a few promising ones coming through behind him with the likes of Onyango, Dobbin and John.

I never got the hype with Hornby, always looked lucky more than a natural talent somehow. Bowler I liked but cannot get much game time on loan and so seems to be drifting same with Joao

Nice to see Gibson was on the bench yesterday, all be it unexpectedly. I’m not sure how match fit he currently is having been out injured for a while, but they chose not to play him in Friday nights u23 game in favour of taking him to WHU so it suggests he’s ok. He’s a good bench option as he can cover LB too allowing an extra attacker on the bench instead of Baines.

Nice to see Gibson was on the bench yesterday, all be it unexpectedly. I’m not sure how match fit he currently is having been out injured for a while, but they chose not to play him in Friday nights u23 game in favour of taking him to WHU so it suggests he’s ok. He’s a good bench option as he can cover LB too allowing an extra attacker on the bench instead of Baines.

Only there because Keane was injured. Will be back off into the abyss once he’s fit again for the bench.

Intetesting he was taken out of the u23 match on the friday...because the Keane reports of neck ache (?) were from Sat AM.

Possibly planned ?

Also weve got Holgate + Mina...would be ideal if Gibson could get some minutes even at Left back as sub so we could sell Keane in the summer and only need one centre back signed.

hopefully he can now get a successful 5 month loan deal and come back in the summer and try to secure 4th centre back spot (keane sold and replaced with a clear no.1, Holgate and mina 2nd and 3rd).

Status
Not open for further replies.