Lewis Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggs

Player Valuation: £100m
Well, a few of us have been banging on about this youngster for a while on the youth team thread, but i’m absolutely aware it’s a massive step up to the first team. Saying that, it looks like he’s involved pre-season.

He’s got pedigree, bought in from Newcastle and captaining the U23s at 18 years of age. I thought he might be a LB, but he’s grown and he’s bulked out. I now believe he’s a Centre Back who can play left back. Not saying he’s the answer, but suggesting he’s leapfrogged Holgate and Feeney and is under consideration.

The lad plays like every game matters and that’s a major ingredient for me. Let’s not forget he’s playing open age football for the first time and can only learn from playing alongside experienced team mates.

Last edited:
Well, i’ve been banging on about this youngster for a while on the youth team thread, but i’m absolutely aware it’s a massive step up to the first team. Saying that, it looks like he’s involvepre-season.

He’s got pedigree, bought in from Newcastle and captaining the U23s at 18 years of age. I thought he might be a LB, but he’s grown and he’s bulked out. Not saying he’s the answer, but suggesting he’s leapfrogged Holgate and Feeney and is under consideration.

Just turned 19. Hopefully he has a massive upwards trajectory and becomes a starter in the next 2 seasons.

Still need a more experienced defender but this lad will make a good 4th, Holgate has shown nothing from going out on loan last season

Very telling he has clearly leapfrogged Feeney... Of all the youth the only ones with a realistic chance appear to be Gibson with Astley and Gordon the year after... I would have no issue if Astley was the back up RB and got some minutes.. that would solidify that we actually see him in the first team one day.

Holgate has been out on loan playing right back remember. You could really notice it in his awareness.

Still need a more experienced defender but this lad will make a good 4th, Holgate has shown nothing from going out on loan last season

Not totally beyond the realms of thought that Mina and Keane will be injured at the same time (particularly the former).

If we go into a Prem game with Gibson and Holgate as our CBs we will be obliterated.

Not totally beyond the realms of thought that Mina and Keane will be injured at the same time (particularly the former).

If we go into a Prem game with Gibson and Holgate as our CBs we will be obliterated.

Hence why I said we need an experienced defender Frandel, to see Gibson through

Stood off and looked lost for their third goal (the defending bit of his game).

But hey no, let's hype him up for no reason.

Yeah but he scored so that cancels out his part in the 3rd goal!

And if Pennington can play in the Premiership then Gibson certainly can.

Status
Not open for further replies.