Let's take a step back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titus Bramble

Best centre half to grace the Premier League
... Everton have spent about £90 million in a matter of weeks, Walsh is working his magic and contract Dave is appearing all over the show. Happy days.

But let's a have a look at the bigger picture. This isn't just big in terms of spending. Pickford, Keane, Klaassen and Sandro. A keeper, a centre half, centre mid and forward... the spine of a team all aged 24 and under. This is potentially huge in terms of our teams future.

We're not splashing the cash on flavour of the month players who we'll get one good season out of before they get bored and bugger off (Payet anyone?), we've put in place the spine of a team which we could potentially build around for 10 years, lots of thought and forward planning has gone into this.

I'm not going to sit here and convince myself or you guys that we've signed 4 world class players, I don't know much about Sandro or Klaassen and I've only seen bits and pieces of the others on the tv, but this could be the foundation to really push on to the next big step.

Exciting times here blues, as a 26 year old this is the first time I've ever experienced Everton doing the dirty in a transfer window like this.

Up the mighty Ev!

We've paid top dollar for players with the potential to become champions league standard footballers, who are not quite there yet. In 2 years time, even allowing for the expenditure we might have champions league calibre players and due to their age stand to make a profit on all their transfers, should we wish to sell.

We're getting relegated.

tumblr_mxqa6zmO9B1qko4x4o1_500.gif

lol

We've spent £90m... yet people are still (rightly) pointing out that odds are firmly AGAINST us breaking into the top-4 this season... which just shows the absolutely massive chasm that existed before, in every single area, both on and off the field. We are making fast progress to close the gap and this summer is obviously the start of something more than just treading water, but I believe it will realistically take more than just one or even two transfer windows. The new stadium is the other essential part of the plan that I think will make the owners' vision for the club more than just a pipedream.
We didn't become a mediocre team overnight, and it will take more time and investment yet to see us restored to former glories, but it is great to see that we have the ambition and means now to attempt it rather than just dream about it.

If I'm honest these players are not top four quality, they are decent premier league players with the ability to kick on but in the grand scheme of things I can't really see us getting near the top 4 next season.

I think these days 30m gets you decent players and 40/50 gets you top 4 players.

As an Everton fan I'm not used to getting the deals done early and now I can't help but feel like it's an anti climax

this season we will cement a sky top 7 ! hopefully be higher than 7th but it will be difficult ! but if we're still around the clubs above us come the end of the season it will be again progress !

year 1 get into europe
year 2 build a squad capable of playing in europe
year 3 add the special players to allow us to really mix it with the big boys

Status
Not open for further replies.