Lescott - left back or central defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadaToffee

Player Valuation: £10m
Got thinking about this while watching the Euro U21 final (for some reason). Lescott is a central defender - potentially a world class one; but his performances at left-back make me wonder if Moyes will try sign a central defender, and keep him at LB. Defensively he was outstanding every single time he played there. But I was also impressed with the way his attacking contributions from LB improved towards the end of the season.

So what's the consensus? CB or LB?

Got thinking about this while watching the Euro U21 final (for some reason). Lescott is a central defender - potentially a world class one; but his performances at left-back make me wonder if Moyes will try sign a central defender, and keep him at LB. Defensively he was outstanding every single time he played there. But I was also impressed with the way his attacking contributions from LB improved towards the end of the season.

So what's the consensus? CB or LB?
He can do both jobs very well in an ideal world i,d like to see him at centre back with joey

Centre back. Yobo and Lescott are the future.

Stubbs can do a job in the meantime if we need Lescott out on the left.

Devil's advocate: if DM can find and sign another good young central defender, but not a young left back, perhaps Lescott would be best employed at LB.

Also if/when Jagielka arrives, that gives us another CB option...

I wonder if jag's knows the little sam is in control and Bolton are about to crumble into oblivion. but there again, it is probably paper talk as he is coming to us.

As for Lescott, CB all the way with LB cover for me. The lad will probably be a great RB also, he has the full package in my opinion.

I prefer him to play centerback as yobo and stubbs can guide him better. He has great technical abilities but lack experience and reading of the game. Take for instance the game against bolton. He didn't read the game well and played davies onside while the whole defence including hibbert runs up and play the offside trap, and we know what happen next.

I prefer him to play centerback as yobo and stubbs can guide him better. He has great technical abilities but lack experience and reading of the game. Take for instance the game against bolton. He didn't read the game well and played davies onside while the whole defence including hibbert runs up and play the offside trap, and we know what happen next.

That was an educational occasion and knowing lescott it will be a lesson well learnt. Watch him make sure No one ever makes that happen again. He will lead that line I believe in the future. I also believe if he keeps improving we may be looking at the next Everton skipper.

Might be onto something there Gaz, he will need to learn to be more forceful and vocal though.

I think that will come with the confidence he will have gained from being a fans favourite this season. As long as he stays grounded then he will do us proud. His life and the way he has pulled himself back from his accident when he was younger should be an example to us all, and I believe it is that strength of character is why Moyes chose him and exactly what it takes to be our skipper.

Status
Not open for further replies.