Leon Osman

Useful squad player ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Ossie me,has his faults yeah,but he can't do much about them,lack of pace/physicality,but he makes the best of what he has and technically he is superb,I keep saying it but all the Ossie bashers will regret it when he's gone.
I would rather Barry would go than Osman as he could, and should be right along side Ross Barkley in midfield as he may have lost his legs , but his football brain his timing of a pass is what RB needs to learn! Osman was stuck on on the wing again - he needs to play along side Ross in centre mid McCarthy to replace Barry who just plays as an extra centre half imo and a very slow one at that!

No. I'm saying he's a useful squad player.
I agree if he plays centre mid and better still with a winger who plays wide and tucks in now , and then, I personally would like RB and Osman in the middle with McCarthy taking Barry's role over with Barry on the bench only if Osman tires then swap it around with McCarthy going forwards instead as we have two defensive mid fielders when we only need one!

Ossie is Boss.
Bloody useful player to be able to call on.
If only we had a younger version of him

He's tosh. he has been tosh for 13 years with the odd sprinkling of form here and there, and tremendous LOL that you have to be a deep thinking football fan to appreciated Osman, most Osman fans are also in love with Hibbert, who would only ever appeal to stereotypical luddite british football fan

Walken, you blind, WUMmy toff,
Your appraisal of Osman is off,
I command thee, disrobe
While I, Doctor Tobe
Grab your balls and tell you to koff

He's done nothing to earn your derision,
What he lacks in pace, he makes up with vision,
Though I agree,
It is sad that just he,
Can make passes with any incision

Whose return sparked our form, please tell me?
Who could the man that ended our hell be?
You're having a shocker,
Do you call football soccer?
And still cry that we never got Riquelme?

Walken, you blind, WUMmy toff,
Your appraisal of Osman is off,
I command thee, disrobe
While I, Doctor Tobe
Grab your balls and tell you to koff

He's done nothing to earn your derision,
What he lacks in pace, he makes up with vision,
Though I agree,
It is sad that just he,
Can make passes with any incision

You're having a shocker,
A whole poem , you rabies ridden little queg

Yes but how many games has he played this season overall, about 20? How many of those has he been any good in? Maybe half a dozen? I can't stand it when people come out in force to defend him after he does something decent but are nowhere to be found after he's absolutely tosh like he was against Sunderland and United. It's not like when people argue over players like Howard, Lukaku or Barry where everyone is consistent with their criticism or support. With Osman it's like people only defend him when it suits them.
There was no need to defend him for his performance against United because he was great! He appeared to be tasked with man marking Mata which he did very well until he tired.

If he was so tosh against them why was everyone slating Martinez for "not keeping a winning team" against Villa - the only two changes were Naismith for Barkley and Mirallas starting for Osman. Personally think he would have been left badly exposed by Cleverley's energy but many were wishing he'd started the game.

It is also possible to be generally supportive of a player whilst also thinking that a) they shouldn't start every game b) don't play well every match they appear in - sometimes the criticism directed at osman's performances is fair.

There was no need to defend him for his performance against United because he was great! He appeared to be tasked with man marking Mata which he did very well until he tired.

If he was so tosh against them why was everyone slating Martinez for "not keeping a winning team" against Villa - the only two changes were Naismith for Barkley and Mirallas starting for Osman. Personally think he would have been left badly exposed by Cleverley's energy but many were wishing he'd started the game.

It is also possible to be generally supportive of a player and whilst also thinking that a) they shouldn't start every game b) don't play well every match they appear in - sometimes the criticism directed at osman's performances is fair.
Osman let Valencia jog past him several times in the United game. Something which we were very lucky to get away with. Also I think the criticism of the Villa team was to do with Naismith playing rather than Osman not.

Osman let Valencia jog past him several times in the United game. Something which we were very lucky to get away with. Also I think the criticism of the Villa team was to do with Naismith playing rather than Osman not.
But what are you expecting, a player to have a perfect game without errors at all? That is surely an unreasonable expectation that other players such as McCarthy aren't held to so why Osman? For the majority of the United game Osman was good although he did start to tire quite badly, thankfully Mirallas was subbed on before he got too bad.

If it was just the Naismith swap why was it not phrased that way? Mirallas didn't play particularly well in that game anyway yet doesn't get anywhere near the examination of every misplaced pass that Osman gets each time he plays.

You're having a shocker,

Tobes, the last 'me' is prounced 'may'.

Otherwise excellent work

But what are you expecting, a player to have a perfect game without errors at all? That is surely an unreasonable expectation that other players such as McCarthy aren't held to so why Osman? For the majority of the United game Osman was good although he did start to tire quite badly, thankfully Mirallas was subbed on before he got too bad.

If it was just the Naismith swap why was it not phrased that way? Mirallas didn't play particularly well in that game anyway yet doesn't get anywhere near the examination of every misplaced pass that Osman gets each time he plays.
I expected him to provide some sort of defensive cover for Baines which he didn't do at all for the first 20 minutes or so. We would have been in big trouble.

Also Mirallas has been slated loads this season, very unfairly considering he's 50 times the player Osman is.

Status
Not open for further replies.