Leon Osman

Useful squad player ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...it's such a physically demanding league and it is amazing that he has played so many games with his build. He looks after himself on the pitch by not being a combative tackler but it's still some feat. It was the one thing I feared when watching him as a kid but he has overcome that aspect.
It's is lack of physical presence that has stopped him from being a very good midfielder. Credit where it is due to have had the career he has in the premier league despite his limited physical stature, says a lot about him as a footballer.

Without Osman in the team we seem to lack attacking threat and intent. It's not that he adds creativity as such, it's just that we seem to move the ball with a bit more purpose

It's is lack of physical presence that has stopped him from being a very good midfielder. Credit where it is due to have had the career he has in the premier league despite his limited physical stature, says a lot about him as a footballer.

.....I know what you mean but he is a very good midfielder.

Love Ossie me,has his faults yeah,but he can't do much about them,lack of pace/physicality,but he makes the best of what he has and technically he is superb,I keep saying it but all the Ossie bashers will regret it when he's gone.

Can't wait for him to bugger off

They said the "you'll regret it" stuff about phil Neville and it's not happened

Did anyone really say that about Phil Neville? Ossie has took a pummelling from fans but only on forums. At the match he's always been well supported. Not a world beater by any stretch but he's been a fantastic player for us and still had got that knack of popping up with some fantastic goals. The 2 he has scored against West Ham this season have both been superb.

Don't think you can compare Osman to Neville. Neville made the most out of the limited ability he had. Unfortunately we saw a number of limited performances from him. Osman to me was a very technically gifted footballer albeit lacked pace and a physical presence. Obviously you don't rate ossie but the lad never goes hiding in games, always wants the ball and this season has turned many games in which he has appeared. That saying I think injuries have caught up with him and this could well be his last season with us ala Piennar.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/barclays-pr...53071/allardyce-osmans-finish-was-world-class

Big Sam is right.

Leon Osman is such a good footballer, we will miss him so badly when he has gone, and he will be difficult to replace.

I hope the FIFA/Ronaldo generation come to realise that just because he hasn't got bags of pace and isn't a tricky winger, he is still superb.

I have criticised individual performances but on the whole he has been fantastic. No coincidence at all that we are playing better with him in.

Osman is one of the few players we have had who can "change a game" late on, his link up play is still exceptional and he scores important goals.

As @The Buck said, our form in the second half of the season improved with his return, there's no denying that.

I totally agree that the turn in form has been largely on Osman's shoulders, but I'd equally give credit to Lennon.

Status
Not open for further replies.