Leon Osman

Useful squad player ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He clearly has an issue with Cahill, as if the excerpt from last night didn't tell you that. This is the latest one:

------------------------------------------
'Tim wasn’t the typical number 10 who peeled off into space and threaded a pass, like a Gianfranco Zola or a Dennis Bergkamp.

He was all action, physical and could do all the jobs – striker, in the middle of midfield, or on the left or right.

It was good to play alongside him for years because he helped everyone out and scored some very important goals.

(On Cahill’s retirement)

“He was all action and he was getting older. The New York Red Bulls made him an offer to go out there and promote Tim Cahill the brand, and he couldn’t really turn it down.

“It was sad to see him go. Tim Cahill, Mr Everton, a fans’ favourite. He was a big part of my time at the club but the club moves on.

“At the time he wasn’t starting because Felli had taken over that role off the striker and Tim wasn’t a back-up player, that’s for sure.”
-------------------------------------------

Reading between the lines, to me, it seems like he's trying to make out Cahill had an ego and wasn't genuine.
This would tally with the agendas certain other Everton fans website twitter accounts were going with last night in defending Osman.

Jealousy is a terrible thing.

He clearly has an issue with Cahill, as if the excerpt from last night didn't tell you that. This is the latest one:

'Tim wasn’t the typical number 10 who peeled off into space and threaded a pass, like a Gianfranco Zola or a Dennis Bergkamp.

He was all action, physical and could do all the jobs – striker, in the middle of midfield, or on the left or right.

It was good to play alongside him for years because he helped everyone out and scored some very important goals.

(On Cahill’s retirement)

“He was all action and he was getting older. The New York Red Bulls made him an offer to go out there and promote Tim Cahill the brand, and he couldn’t really turn it down.

“It was sad to see him go. Tim Cahill, Mr Everton, a fans’ favourite. He was a big part of my time at the club but the club moves on.

“At the time he wasn’t starting because Felli had taken over that role off the striker and Tim wasn’t a back-up player, that’s for sure.”

Reading between the lines, to me, it seems like he's trying to make out Cahill had an ego and wasn't genuine.
This would tally with the agendas certain other Everton fans website twitter accounts were going with last night in defending Osman.

Must admit I don't get that from those quotes.

The ones that started the original fume fest though could be construed that way.

(On Cahill’s retirement)

It's mad, cause I would read that almost exactly the opposite. just goes to show really.

Must admit I don't get that from those quotes.

The ones that started the original fume fest though could be construed that way.

Perhaps I'm just looking too hard. I just think mentioning things like 'Tim Cahill the brand' and the comment about him not being a back up player... just seems weird things to reference.

I do think he has an issue though and perhaps it's mutual, given Cahill's reaction on Twitter last night.

Not all teammates get on.

(On Cahill’s retirement)

Dear God you could have highlighted ;

"Could do all jobs" ...

"He helped everyone out"...

"He couldn't turn it down..."

"It was sad to see him go"...

But no you wanted to create a theme and input an agenda. Poor effort.

Some of the levels people are willing to sink to too discredit one of our own players seem f'ing low.

Last edited:
Perhaps I'm just looking too hard. I just think mentioning things like 'Tim Cahill the brand' and the comment about him not being a back up player... just seems weird things to reference.

I do think he has an issue though and perhaps it's mutual, given Cahill's reaction on Twitter last night.

Not all teammates get on.
I reckon Osman would get on my tits if I was his teammate so I wouldn't be surprised if there was no genuine animosity but rather a healthy dose of 'haha get piped down Osman yer blert.'

(On Cahill’s retirement)

You're looking for stuff that ain't even there ffs...

Fellaini arrived from Standard Liege as our holding player and it didn’t take long to realise that wasn’t his best position.

He wasn’t disciplined enough, he didn’t get involved in the game enough and he probably wasn’t a good enough passer.

However, if you got the ball to him in and around the penalty area, he was almost impossible to compete with.

“I remember the first derby he played in well – because we almost came to blows! It was after Liverpool beat us 2-0 at

Goodison.

“Something happened late in the game after Tim Cahill had been sent off and back in the dressing room, Felli got in my face, pointing at me. I went mad at him and shouted: “Come on then! You and me outside now!” I was proper angry at him for trying to front me. Hibbo got between us in the end.

Temperatures were high.

“I don’t know if he thought he could have a go at the little guy but, having lost a derby, I wasn’t in the

mood to back down. When I deal with things, I deal with it myself.

“On the pitch, if someone is kicking me, I won’t immediately react but will keep my cool and try to get them back later in the game.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say no more

I have no idea whether the two are bosom buddies or not, but I can almost guarantee that there is a more than average dose of respect between them both, respect for what both have done for the club they both have great affinity and belonging to.

So it's not about Cahill anymore, but about Fellaini.

How many injuries and bans did Fellaini accrue to earn such heroic status?

Fellaini arrived from Standard Liege as our holding player and it didn’t take long to realise that wasn’t his best position.

He wasn’t disciplined enough, he didn’t get involved in the game enough and he probably wasn’t a good enough passer.

However, if you got the ball to him in and around the penalty area, he was almost impossible to compete with.

“I remember the first derby he played in well – because we almost came to blows! It was after Liverpool beat us 2-0 at

Goodison.

“Something happened late in the game after Tim Cahill had been sent off and back in the dressing room, Felli got in my face, pointing at me. I went mad at him and shouted: “Come on then! You and me outside now!” I was proper angry at him for trying to front me. Hibbo got between us in the end.

Temperatures were high.

“I don’t know if he thought he could have a go at the little guy but, having lost a derby, I wasn’t in the

“On the pitch, if someone is kicking me, I won’t immediately react but will keep my cool and try to get them back later in the game.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Say no more
Some scary lad right there ye.... At Halloween too ffs

Goodison.

Temperatures were high.

Say no more
What a whopper Osman is. Offering Fellaini out ffs. Is he 13?

Status
Not open for further replies.