2019/20 Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can imagine him watching yesterday from the bench thinking "this is crap", would fully understand him wanting to leave, but tbf he's probably on too high wages to be maintained for two years and play about 10 games. Love it if he stayed though.

I can imagine him watching yesterday from the bench thinking "this is crap", would fully understand him wanting to leave, but tbf he's probably on too high wages to be maintained for two years and play about 10 games. Love it if he stayed though.
IMO Bainsey will go on to be one of those that plays on till his late 30 s. I m biased cos i ve always loved him but i d still have him before Digne. He is by far the better player in the final third. I m sick and tired of Digne hitting the first man when crossing. Its absolute rubbish to say that his legs have gone! Says who?! I d even play him ahead of Digne as he is more consistant than Bernard or Iwobi.

IMO Bainsey will go on to be one of those that plays on till his late 30 s. I m biased cos i ve always loved him but i d still have him before Digne. He is by far the better player in the final third. I m sick and tired of Digne hitting the first man when crossing. Its absolute rubbish to say that his legs have gone! Says who?! I d even play him ahead of Digne as he is more consistant than Bernard or Iwobi.

He's already proved he can play into his 30s. Think he just wants game time now, sadly.

Literally can’t understand how this guy has not been tried in the team. Somewhere. Maybe LB and put Digne LM. Just another body on the pitch who is comfortable receiving the ball and generally keeps hold of it. We must be the worst in the league at ball retention. Find a way to slot this guy in, every other week maybe? Maybe his running stats in training are low these days? Who knows but what I’d do for some composure on the ball

He wants a 2 year contract. We have offered 1.

Where did you see/hear this?

Sorry? You'd play Baines ahead of Digne?!?!

I’d try him at central midfield for a couple games. It couldn’t get worse than anyone else. Maybe brown shoes was onto something when he suggested Baines could take the Lahm route.

If he doesnt get minutes between bow and the rest of the season i think he is off. With many games in a short space of time you need squad rotation. I remember Digne struggled against Traore so maybe Baines LB and Digne LM

Status
Not open for further replies.