2019/20 Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct call in fairness - with us around £15 mil down on the TV deal and unable to sell Tosun to Palace / needing about 5 quality signings through the door its a good stop gap until next summer.

I like Baines as a bloke but he's done as a player. Doesn't cross the ball anymore unless it's from a corner or free kick. Never passes forward, always sideways or backwards. we would be better letting one of the youngsters provide cover and even some game time. Baines really does offer nothing these days. He's always guarantees you a 100% pass completion rate but that's because of every pass is 5 yards side or back.

I don't agree with it because I think he should have gone this season imo but if Ancelotti wants to give him a year deal then I'm all for it.

I've seen LB reading books on management and leadership, in a trendy Bold Street coffee joint.

I think he's going to stay in some coaching role when he hangs up his boots.

It’s for when he assumes the role of Supreme Leader at the club with his right hand man Jagielka alongside him.

As long as it doesn’t stop us bringing a youngster in I’m happy with it.
I don't think there is one who is quality enough to bring through in the youth teams and this probably signals we have no intention of buying one this summer. I think it'll do for one more year.

I've seen LB reading books on management and leadership, in a trendy Bold Street coffee joint.

I think he's going to stay in some coaching role when he hangs up his boots.

am there usually the same time every morning my usual spot is two seats away by the window , always a nice fella deserves another year cos he was more then capable when he filled in this year

While I expect @davek will be, shall I say, apoplectic at this news, I'm glad for the fella. Class act and a good role model as a senior figure at the club.
Good role model? Sticks a knife in the back of his own team mates playing a European tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.