2019/20 Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baines will have an arm around failing players telling them it's ok and not to worry, because they might do better with a new manager and just sit tight for the change.

THAT is the culture he was part of at Everton.
That is the culture of our club ,oh we did ok end of ,ok should be a swear word that's when we might win something

He's been great left back for our club defo, but has job for the boys have to agree the whole of finch farm needs sorting out,we need title winners in there telling them finishing top half of the table is good enough ffs.
Exactly. Or we need staff with something to prove, ambitious individuals. Baines was a great LB, but definitely not ambitious. We want staff with a drive to be the very best

OMG, it's working...

main-image-pied-piper-647_102816055500.jpg

evil...

Don't know whether he would be a strong coach ,great player yes if there was ever to be a permanent captain thought might be him ,never happened the marrales episode always sticks in my head should of kicked his head in. Think should have kept his boots on defo think he will regret it in the end.

Dear David,

I can assure you we did everything we could to extend Leighton’s playing career with us – although we completely respect his decision and wish him well for his future. As our Chairman said in his tribute to one of the best left-backs ever to have graced Goodison and the Premier League, Leighton knows the love and respect that Evertonians feel towards him…and that’s what really matters to him. Marcel and I have been working behind-the-scenes with Leighton over the last few weeks and are excited about how we might be able to continue a relationship with him in future. We’re currently working through some of the final details, which we believe will be great for Leighton and for our football club. While we’re not in a position to confirm this yet, I assure you that you will be the first to know – as I know how much Leighton means to you and how interested you’ll be in any role we confirm with him.

Professor Denise Barrett-Baxendale
MBE, DL, EdD, MBA, BA (Hons), FRSA.
Chief Executive Officer
Director
Everton Football Club

tenor.gif
Translated;
Everybody likes him except you, so we'll use that happy clapper love and get him to front up to spout our total wham so they lap it up

aka, must be true Bainesy said it and he's sound.

I’d kind of forgotten what Baines said, when he came out publicly and criticised the manager, blaming him for everything wrong with the team, and stabbing him the back so brutally, so I had to look it up again -

“I just don’t feel as though the chemistry is quite there with the team on the pitch at the moment, and it hasn’t been for a while.”

That was it. Said when we were 12th in the league, had lost 3 on the bounce, and he was entirely correct.

I’d kind of forgotten what Baines said, when he came out publicly and criticised the manager, blaming him for everything wrong with the team, and stabbing him the back so brutally, so I had to look it up again -

“I just don’t feel as though the chemistry is quite there with the team on the pitch at the moment, and it hasn’t been for a while.”

That was it. Said when we were 12th in the league, had lost 3 on the bounce, and he was entirely correct.
And this has been massively misinterpreted by a certain member.

Status
Not open for further replies.