Leicester v Everton Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can say what they like, this game will be like any other prem away game against sides outside the top 7. If we turn up we'll have too much quality for them. 1-11 we have a better team. If we amble into lufe after 60 minutes having already conceded a set piece then we'll drop points.

I doubt martinez will have done much analysis on our pre season opponents. (Leicester excluded). It was more about seeing different players and increase fitness. I would hope to see a different story on Saturday. He will pick the right team to suit Leicesters style of play. I think moyes tended to go with his best 11 fit players. Last season martinez baffled me in some games with his team selection sometimes leaving out players who had a great game the week before. Only for him to prove us wrong with great tactics and brilliant substitutions. If rom and kev are fit I would expect them to play some part.

Exactly mate. Really hope Rom, Mirallas and Coleman are fit to play. Otherwise ill be worried.
Them 3 will help in getting the 3 points, but we aren't just dependent on them, we do actually have plenty good quality throughout the squad to beat a promoted team even without 3 key players

Ill go for a comfy 3-1 win If fit Coleman and Lukaku will score,with McCarthy following up on his goal in the last game of the season v hull.

As far as I'm concerned Leicester fans are alright as they're not kopites, geordies, or sky club glory hunting bellends.
snap. I don't mind Leicester at all, some people just hate anyone else.

Personally i like seeing them back up in the prem, reminds me of when i was a kid. Hope they have a decent season after losing the first game.

I want them to stay up, teams like Villa are the ones to go down if i had a choice

Just had another read to see what they're saying about us and MickM86 has joined the Leicester forum and is flying the flag hahaha Oh Mick.

Just had another read to see what they're saying about us and MickM86 has joined the Leicester forum and is flying the flag hahaha Oh Mick.

MickM86, on 10 Aug 2014 - 5:06 PM, said:

I'm an Evertonian and before I begin I just wanna quickly say that it's hard trying to register on those verification code things. Who thinks of these things? Yes I understand the word communication but what is anborgh? A simple question to say "what colour is the sky" and we answer it simply; grey.

Anyway lets get down to business. I fear this game because its always a daunting task facing a newly promoted team who will probably sell it out and the fans will be cheering every attacking movement. Put it this way, Everton don't play so well when they're under pressure and can be prone to a mistake or two. Once one of our players heads goes, if your fans pick up on this he will have a terrible game. This has happened in the past and who knows? It might not happen this time. The football we play will always allow you to counter attack, it depends how fast you can move up the pitch and how precise you play the ball around. I don't know much about current Leicester as I only seem to really remember the days of Muzzy Izzet, Steve Claridge, Emile Heskey etc so I don't have too much of an opinion on your football. I will say this, I anticipate an interesting game and I'll be in attendance hoping your fans bring some atmosphere to the game. Everton sure as hell bring the party.

lollol

MickM86, on 10 Aug 2014 - 5:06 PM, said:

I'm an Evertonian and before I begin I just wanna quickly say that it's hard trying to register on those verification code things. Who thinks of these things? Yes I understand the word communication but what is anborgh? A simple question to say "what colour is the sky" and we answer it simply; grey.

Anyway lets get down to business. I fear this game because its always a daunting task facing a newly promoted team who will probably sell it out and the fans will be cheering every attacking movement. Put it this way, Everton don't play so well when they're under pressure and can be prone to a mistake or two. Once one of our players heads goes, if your fans pick up on this he will have a terrible game. This has happened in the past and who knows? It might not happen this time. The football we play will always allow you to counter attack, it depends how fast you can move up the pitch and how precise you play the ball around. I don't know much about current Leicester as I only seem to really remember the days of Muzzy Izzet, Steve Claridge, Emile Heskey etc so I don't have too much of an opinion on your football. I will say this, I anticipate an interesting game and I'll be in attendance hoping your fans bring some atmosphere to the game. Everton sure as hell bring the party.

lollol

Haha he's off his head that lad.

Can't wait for this, hopefully the excitement won't turn into a massive downer when this team gets announced at 14:00 on sat:

Howard, Hibbert, Jags, Distin, Baines, Barry, McCarthy, Osman, Barkley, McGeady, Naismith.

Status
Not open for further replies.