Votes: 113 53.8%
  • Opposition

Votes: 59 28.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 38 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to drop Baines and Kenny for Lyon seriously.

Kenny will be stronger for the game time he has played but visions of Coleman v Benfica when he plays. He is being rushed due to injuries and no suitable back up and I don’t fault his effort but he costing the team.

Regarding Baines, okay WOW! He is done. Let’s all agree now! He is offering nothing going forward but continues these “runs” and it just leave gaping holes in an already poor defence. Plus defensively he is stretching. The least we say about his set-piece delivery the better.

Bring back Keane play 3 at the back with Davies and Lennon makeshift wingbacks.

Had the misfortune of being there today. Even our hardcore away fans are non plussed at this debacle. Team are just not good enough. Back four consists of 3 old chaps and a youngster. Worrying to say the least. Can't, right at this moment, see what a new manager can do with this lot.

Rooney needs dropped. He's a CF who can't play as a CF.

And we aren't good enough to be able to play a luxury number 10.
Exactly this! Any manager that keeps playing and starting him deserves to be sacked. The guy fails to stay in position and is constantly giving the ball away and creating chances for the opposition. The team would be miles better off with a player who does the job for the team.

Teams usually always enjoy a lift in performance after ditching an unpopular manager. However, in typical 'Everton that' fashion, a change of manager brings about zilch 'bounce' in our performance.

That was absolutely dire.

The general gloomy climate brings to mind that pervading Villa Park a couple of seasons back.

The only smidgeon of succour? : there are three or four other equally woeful outfits in the league

Gird your loins lads because Everton's going to take us on a very scary (season-long) ride...

Mariner should be sent down for not giving that pen today. That was a travesty. It would've given us some momentum. Besides that we were absolutely awful. Once our wingers came off we tried to play everything through the middle but it was too congested. Leicester just packed the midfield and we couldn't create anything.

Our set pieces are horrendous. The ball in from Baines that got cleared and led to the goal was woeful. We don't beat the first man. Possession during the 2nd half was good but we offered nothing. When Siggy came on for the last 15 or so minutes I don't think he touched the ball until about the 85th minute. He is in there to create, he can't if he doesn't have the ball.

I think we can turn this around but if there isn't any improvement within the next 2 games Lyon and Watford we may genuinely be in a relegation fight. I can't even imagine going down.

Mariner should be sent down for not giving that pen today. That was a travesty. It would've given us some momentum. Besides that we were absolutely awful. Once our wingers came off we tried to play everything through the middle but it was too congested. Leicester just packed the midfield and we couldn't create anything.

Our set pieces are horrendous. The ball in from Baines that got cleared and led to the goal was woeful. We don't beat the first man. Possession during the 2nd half was good but we offered nothing. When Siggy came on for the last 15 or so minutes I don't think he touched the ball until about the 85th minute. He is in there to create, he can't if he doesn't have the ball.

I think we can turn this around but if there isn't any improvement within the next 2 games Lyon and Watford we may genuinely be in a relegation fight. I can't even imagine going down.
As I say Gylfi was not even given the ball. We saw our shutters passing to our forwards, or the supposed-rudder-who-ended-up-everywhere-Baningime, but not him when their physicality should be used elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.