Leicester postponement

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the basis of quick 'research'...

Of the 25 players registered by Leicester for the PL season, 12 are injured, 2 Covid cases and 3 at AFCON (only 3 of the 4 at AFCON are registered for the PL season). That's left them with 8 PL-registered players available.

Even if the AFCON absentees are discounted (which should be the case), that's still short of PL requirements.

You don’t have to register academy kids to play in the 25 man squad. You can pick as many from there that you need afaik
You still need a minimum of 13 first-teamers available.
If you subtract 14 from 25 (rightfully discounting the AFCON absentees), it falls short.

Of the 25 players registered by Leicester for the PL season, 12 are injured, 2 Covid cases and 3 at AFCON (only 3 of the 4 at AFCON are registered for the PL season). That's left them with 8 PL-registered players available.

Even if the AFCON absentees are discounted (which should be the case), that's still short of PL requirements.
Is this not what youth teams are for?

I really really do hate football in 2022.

U21 players don’t have to be officially registered in the official 25 man squad. They can select as many of those as they want/need that is registered with the club.

There is no excuses without covid. None.

U21 players don’t have to be officially registered in the official 25 man squad. They can select as many of those as they want/need that is registered with the club.

To prove the pint here is Everton’s official PL squad list for this season.

No branthwaite, simms, onyango, dobbin - who all played against Chelsea.

No excuses for Leicester. None.

Is this not what youth teams are for?

I really really do hate football in 2022.

The PL apparently requires a minimum of 13 first-teamers.
U21/youth teams players are not regarded as first-teamers (unless they've been playing PL games).

I’d like to see the league challenged for once

City went all the way to the top to get their European ban overturned. I’d you question the authorities maybe that would help
The only way they would be challenged is if 75% of the clubs done it, I’ll be sure that everyone at the club weren’t exactly best pleased to get the postponement email

Status
Not open for further replies.