Match Thread Leicester City v Everton (Wednesday 16 December 18:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

This two game success will unhinge a number of people on this site. More pressure on the NHS I suppose. Thoughts are to them and their families over Christmastide.

MotM; Iwobi did well but went with Doucoure for his work once Allen went off...Ancelotti deserves a mention too.
Gomes though, Ive said it before too many times before he's a 'kin liability, a free kick or Penno waiting to happen

I missed the start and the goal but not Allen's Hammy, but it wasn't until HT that I spotted Olsen in goal.
I think it was a tactical move due to playing deeper.
From the hour I saw Olsen didnt have all that much to do...and did it well.

One game at a time. Worry about whoever we play next tomorrow.

Doucoure is a simple decision for MOTM, kudos to the back four again and believe it or not i thought Iceland was good, if its a choice between him or Gomez to replace Allan, it's a no brainer. Runs more and scores more.

And you know what i liked, not noticing our goalkeeper, didn't have much to do but he didn't go looking for stuff to do either and wasn't shouting and flapping at his defenders for no reason.

Keep it going

308CCC43-36FE-443F-86A5-7E54A3CB515A.jpeg

Olsen - 7 - He's a calming presence. He's not going to be the greatest but for competition he's doing his job.
Holgate - 8 - Brilliant defensively again and great for him to get the goal – great reactions.
Mina - 8 - Looks so much better in a low block.
Keane - 8 - Ditto Mina, but also stopped loads coming into the box.
Godfrey - 7 - Do think he was given the run around by Under at times but nothing major. Just a few times he let the crosses come in (that Justin one for the Vardy header).
Allan - 7 - He had been brilliant and will be a huge miss. Gutted.
Doucoure - 9 - Fantastic display, two or three brilliant last-ditch interceptions.
Iwobi - 7 - I think he was great defensively but God he makes some crap decisions on the ball at times.
Sigurdsson - 7 - Pressed well, some decent set-piece delivery. Working hard atm.
Richarlison - 7 - Again not his best game but that goal should do him wonders. Was excellent last 10 mins.
Calvert-Lewin - 7 - Hardly involved but did what was needed, unlucky not to score the second!

Gomes - 6 - Did okay, but he's so sluggish. Would have said a daft tackle but it was well-timed. Just so frustrating because he's got the talent.
Gordon - N/A
Kenny - N/A

Carlo - 8

Status
Not open for further replies.