Match Thread Leicester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really feel for him. He is a kid, having to play in a gash team with gash players who half the time can barely pass the ball. Id certainly rather he was in the team than not and I wouldn’t blame him for wanting out as soon as possible now, but he is also smart enough to know that he has the potential to be at a top team but needs to get his performances up to scratch.
He won’t be here next year whether that’s because we are relegated or because a bigger club wants him and we have to sell. He will go for potential only….overall I don’t think he’s too bad but we need players putting their bodies in the line to preserve out top flight status subject to the medical team allowing it - I suspect he doesn’t feel too ill or he’s been dropped because he is at least on the bench

Godfrey dropped completely, not even on the bench. Clearly fall out from bust up after Newcastle match. So now no pace at all in defence, not even on the bench as Holgate isn't there. So who are we playing? Oh yea , Vardy.

Please get some decent service into DCL and we can get at their cbs. Time for iwobi and McNeil to really get a grip.

Disgrace we’re relying on Shea to drag that rabble of a back four into some kind of shape and cohesion this season - so glad he’s back in but how the Christ have we got here. Patterson should have been playing sooner.

Jettisoning Godfrey is a positive move at least, and playing an actual, albeit ancient RB at RB is novel.

Illness or not, Onana probably needed dropping as well, so all in all I guess I can’t grumble too much with the selection.

I get the fume over Keane but the alternatives are Coady (poo after a decent start to the season) or Mina (better player but a guaranteed 7th minute substitution waiting to happen) so it is very much what it is.

Just got to hope Leicester have a dreadful night and something goes in their goal off someone’s backside.

Status
Not open for further replies.