Match Thread Leicester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair points and well made.

None of us expected that performance after Fulham and Newcastle - and it ain't over because of it. Leeds look gone to me - easily see them not winning another game.

IMO it's likely us, Forest and Leicester for the final spot. Winning six games in 34 is disgusting but I think Forest, Leeds, Leicester will look at our performance today and be worried.

Completely agree about Dyche. He's not long term - he's shown that already.
Our problem for a while has been putting any kind of meaningful run together. It hasn’t happened yet and, looking at our fixtures it’s not likely to start now.

That this improved performance came after the Fulham and Newcastle debacles is proof of our wild inconsistency and my fear is we’ve got two more hidings coming up. If that were to be the case, we really don’t have room for any more “if we play like that we’ll be fine…” tune up games. It’s win or get off the proverbial pot and I just don’t trust us to do it.

As always I hope I’m wide of the mark, but I just can’t shake the feeling that I’m not.

On the bright side, if you check the vaults from 12 months ago I’m pretty sure I was whingeing along similar lines then, so all may not be lost, after all…

Motm was Pickford for me because of the penalty save. Should have done better with 1st Leicester goal but the penno save was massive. No way at 3-1 we would have come back

Our crossing from decent areas and set pieces leaves so much to be desired. It should be our best way of scoring but none of Iwobi, Patterson or Mykolenko can put a decent ball in.
Thought McNeil delivered some really decent corners and a free kick in...everyone else's in-game crossing (especially Wobes) is really poor.

Just back from the match. Neither side deserved to lose tbh. Could have gone either way. Two silly errors from us giving Vardy a goal and then the pen could have turned it into a very bad night. Shame about Coleman who was playing well but Patterson did well. Just glad they didn’t let Vardy take the penalty...another game gone but we’re not dead yet……

Superb performance and how we didn't come away with 3 points tonight I didn't know. But this is a viral away point that leaves us still in it. We have now dragged Forest into it.

The media wrote us off last week just as they wrote us off this time last season when we were 6 points away from safety.

A special mention to our away fans tonight - stunning atmosphere. We got behind the lads from start to finish.

The bookies' odds on us staying up have now changed dramatically.

The kopites might not get their relegation party after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.