Match Thread Leicester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I remember us getting knocked out by Fiorentina and then playing Fulham away on the sunday, awful performance and we lost 1-0, keep it tight & get these on the break/ via a decent set piece, they should tire towards the end of it.

Don’t know if @FOXINPEACE would agree, but I got this message after their game last night from my mate who is a huge Leicester fan, and yes he absolutely hates those klacker things!

“The last 6 games we have had over 65% possession and not won one of them. Complete lack of cutting edge! Everton just need to let us have the ball as we won’t score. Then hit us on the break, win a few corners and you will definitely score!”

Can only hope he’s right!

Vardy and Maddison both played 90 minutes for them last night, which is nice. That said, Iheanacho loves a game against us.

First 20 minutes is key here. Leicester will surely come out flat so an early goal would be brilliant.

That said I think going out will mean they put out a stronger team than if they were in the final and so would want to rest key players. Likes of Lookman and Barnes were taken off at half time so they'll probably start and they caused issues at Goodison although Maddison is key in final third so hopefully he'll only be on the bench.

We need to go into this with the same attitude as against Chelsea/RS.

We can't be thinking they are going to be tired, demoralised etc. Need to be bang up for it.
This 100%
If we do what we’ve done at home and against the RS the last few games, start bang up for it and attacking at pace every time we get the ball we could crush this Leicester team.
If we start to think, they’ll tire late on, won’t be at their best etc. we let complacency slip in.
Forget about them (though they should be disinterested and tired) it’s all up to us!

Status
Not open for further replies.