Match Thread Leicester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is our biggest issue imo, ‘strikers’. The RS have Mane, Salah, Jota, Diaz, Firminho and probably someone else I can’t think of. We have Richarlison, an up and down Gray, a permanently injured DCL, and an ageing Rondon. You could argue City have the same ‘problem’, I see loads of brilliant midfielders in their squad, but top class goalscorers? Not so many. e.g. bringing on Sterling last night, he wouldn’t have scored if they had played until midnight. They blundered massively in not getting Kane, imo.

Anyway, back to us, our midfielders rarely get into the box either, but I’ve noticed recently (the Chelsea game especially) we are definitely getting more bodies forward when in possession. I’m hopeful the goals will come, even this late in the day.

Origi he’s the one you can’t think of… the one who scores all his career goals against us

Just a last comment from me on what might or might not be Leicester City's state of mind. And taking into consideration that football is not an exact science. Anything can happen. And as it's Everton.......anything probably will happen.
So here's my opinion. Leicester have nothing to play for. We have everything to play for. We have to want this more than they do.

So what does this match mean? Nothing really to Leicester. Everything to us. Pity that we aren't at home. I 'd be confident that we would beat them.
So we have that away factor to contend with. But it's about time that we beat some team away. Sunday would do for me.....everyone.....Lampard......Moshiri and Myra. So come on Everton.
Step up. Let's rock and roll. Just win this match. Up The Toffees.....

It's a very similar scenario to when Burnley went to West Ham when you think about it.

Think West Ham had just won 3-0 at Lyon so very few on here gave Burnley a chance but as we saw West Ham were incredibly flat in first half and really should've gone in 2 down.

Second half with a few subs they did rouse themselves and should've won at the end.

Interested to see how Lampard plays this I think. Temptation is just to grind out a hardfought point and run down the clock at every opportunity to frustrate Leicester and break the abysmal away run but think there's 3 points to be won here and wouldn't the survival bid look far more straightforward with 35 points going into Watford and the two home games....

Just a last comment from me on what might or might not be Leicester City's state of mind. And taking into consideration that football is not an exact science. Anything can happen. And as it's Everton.......anything probably will happen.
So here's my opinion. Leicester have nothing to play for. We have everything to play for. We have to want this more than they do.

So what does this match mean? Nothing really to Leicester. Everything to us. Pity that we aren't at home. I 'd be confident that we would beat them.
So we have that away factor to contend with. But it's about time that we beat some team away. Sunday would do for me.....everyone.....Lampard......Moshiri and Myra. So come on Everton.
Step up. Let's rock and roll. Just win this match. Up The Toffees.....
Burnley and Leeds defeats and a draw for us would be very acceptable too. Get two wins at home and another point on the road and that should just about do us.

It's a very similar scenario to when Burnley went to West Ham when you think about it.

Think West Ham had just won 3-0 at Lyon so very few on here gave Burnley a chance but as we saw West Ham were incredibly flat in first half and really should've gone in 2 down.

Second half with a few subs they did rouse themselves and should've won at the end.

Interested to see how Lampard plays this I think. Temptation is just to grind out a hardfought point and run down the clock at every opportunity to frustrate Leicester and break the abysmal away run but think there's 3 points to be won here and wouldn't the survival bid look far more straightforward with 35 points going into Watford and the two home games....
The injury to Westwood altered the 1st half flow.

We can beat these. They will be on a downer after not making the final and they have nothing left to play for in the PL. Best time to be playing them.

Same again as you did with Chelsea please blues.

I dont think we have the quality but as lampard stated. The last two performances in terms of intensity has to be shown again. No excuses now not to.
Demons are in my head. I ask myself if Chelsea were not at the races but our keeper was still motm.
Relegation fights are mad for your sanity and paranoia.
Quite simply the away form has to be erased.

This is one is going to be tough but if the effort is there like it has been the last two matches, there is no reason we can't escape with at least a point. I'm afraid we will need 3 though, especially after we see how Leeds and Burnley do beforehand. Overall, must win.

Status
Not open for further replies.