Match Thread Leeds v Everton : Tuesday 30th August 2022 : KO 8pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate this is 2022 not 1890.. ppl work on bank holidays and it’s no excuse not to allow a signed player to play
I agree mate but like i said, that is the rules which everyone at Everton should know about and they should also know that the FA will do us know favours at all. He wasn't registered in time. Pathetic but it is as their rules.

Decent point - but we camped too deep after we scored. Leeds are not as potent as Brentford so we should have gone for the 2nd. Since when is the top of your arm allowed to score a goal - in which case Gray's offside was a rubbish decision. Their manager is one annoying tit.
Thought Patterson was excellent. Onana played really well too. Iwobi has his moments but loses the ball too often. We did look knackered at the end but I'd have taken a draw before k.o. knowing Maupay was not available. Shame we had no option from the bench. Gana will definitely make us better. I don't dread the derby knowing we'll have a stronger team with a 9 to play to. Just push up if we do score and don;t invite pressure.

Could have nicked that with the Patterson chance. We need an effin win.
Was the best game of the season. Hope that puts the 3 at back nonsense to bed. Did have at least a little bit control in midfield. Onana was good, Davies is a non entity.Hope Gana will take his place.

I think that indicates that he doesn’t trust the subs, Allen and Gomes are surely off if we can get a replacement
Yes if they don’t go shows he doesn’t trust them cause he 100% should of made a change lads did well to battle to the end but that’s how injuries occur few players legs had gone with more than 15 to go which is a long time in football. If they don’t go that’s poor management and also shows we need at least another 3/4 players in

I’m not saying bring him on because he can score but he is undoubtedly better at holding it up than Gray.
I get that mate and not having a go at all.

Watched him v Fleetwood and never want to see him play for us again. I thought the team did well tonight. With the exception of the first 10 minutes of the second half we were always in the game and looked like we could score on the break.

Swap Davies for Gueye and McNeil for a striker and we’ve got a good team there.
Iwobi and Onana together could be great.
1000% this. Gana sitting behind Iwobi and Onana is something I want to see. Even though Onana isn’t up to speed and his passing lacks a little he will have the freedom to get a little further up and be a press machine. That trio will win a lot of balls in the midfield

…..can’t fault this set of players for attitude. Terrific set-up by Lampard which is very encouraging given what was at his disposal.

Lots of pluses, we have a terrific defensive RB who ironically looked more of a threat playing in a conventional back 4. Signs of a partnership with McNeil who might not be everybody’s cup of tea but he put in a right shift cutting out numerous crosses. His manager will be delighted with him & I think he’ll be better with proper forwards to hit.

I’m going for Onana as MoM. I have to remind myself that he’s just 21 with very few games in his career, he’s in a new country, a new league, new teammates and he plays with such maturity. £30m could be a steal.
You can almost see Onana figuring out the Premier League as he goes.

He’s getting there. He’s rising to the challenge, no doubt in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.