Match Thread Leeds v Everton : Tuesday 30th August 2022 : KO 8pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are what we are, we only have one goal in us so a team playing against us doesn't have much to worry about. It's just a question whether we can score that first goal and hang on until the end. Given our squad, away points aren't to be sniffed at but it's very annoying that we've lost four points from our last two from winning positions.

My frustrations from today are the offside goal, because whilst it may be the letter of the law - the law is clearly an ass. No player should ever be considered offside if their feet are behind the defender's. Lampard sitting on his hands all game is concerning. Yes he didn't have many options but our players were flagging horribly towards the end so he should have made changes in my opinion.

Finally, to not have Maupay available is shambolic. God knows who's fault it is but the situation is laughable and could only happen to this club you feel.
We had 2 goals in us tonight...

Indeed.

With Gana and Maupay we beat these and Brentford
Absolutely. No need to panic here. Gana in, Maupay in, Dom back from injury (and not missing significant time again later) and this team is not in a relegation battle at the end. Add one more decent attacker in the next two days and I'm even more confident.

You can see improvement overall. They're also showing a better fighting attitude more consistently so far. Last year we lose both of these last two. Get the goal-scoring sorted (hopefully underway), and we'll be fine.

Yep, whilst we are all desparate for our first win, the performance of theteam in these first 5 games has been head and shoulders above the dross of last season.

Once we get up top sorted, we'll have a better chance of killing these kind of teams off and scoring 2 instead of just 1.

I was heartened by tonight, very tough game, but we stood up.

Tarkowski has a proper mistake in him but one thing I'm loving about him is he's right into players when there's crap kicking off.

Yep, whilst we are all desparate for our first win, the performance of theteam in these first 5 games has been head and shoulders above the dross of last season.
We haven't played anybody apart from an average Chelsea side,who have lost their other two away games. We don't score enough goals to win games ,that's why we will be fighting relegation again. Leeds are awful defensively, most teams would have won comfortably tonight there by attacking them more.

Two points when last season we would have had none. All the better when you consider the personnel available and no striker. The board are letting FL down big time here.

Status
Not open for further replies.