Match Thread Leeds Utd v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bielsa: we dominated but didn't create chances and gave chances away....erm, so you didn't dominate really, did you?

No one dominated that match. It was evenly matched. Anyone who thinks there was dominant side wasn't watching properly

Possession 70% to 30% indicates it could have been a domination, except attempted shots were equal and we had double the shots on target compared to them.

Home manager speak to make the fans think they were hard done by.

Could well be, but it's only 1 game in.
This being Le Ev, we're more likely to get Second Game Syndrome, but hopefully the squire of caldy can get an other Second Half performance like last week out of them for 90+mins.
I'd like a win obvs but a draw won't be the worst result...unless we're totally bossing it then throw it away in a yet unknown Everton That manner
It is all going as I have foreseen...up to now.
The longer it went on after we scored the more you could see a Leeds goal coming - especially the 2nd.
Work on that and we'll have a decent attempt at the once taken for granted 7th--ish Trophy.

Keane though, once he comes out of the back line and pushes forward a bit he gets caught out.
Mina; get a grip ya big tart.
Richarlson; Copa & Olympics, we've bent over backwards to help you mate, but we pay your wages - here, take this Doctors note and send it to Brazil, you're sitting this International Break out.
Townsend & Iwobi; 2 into 1 won't go, good to have competition, more on field product will = more game time.

Gray started off well in Germany and here, the trick is for him to keep it up.
Even with an ex rs for a manager, I am not totally unhappy...

One game at a time

The idea that the Leeds game was close is absurd. We had TWICE as many attempts on target as them.

Leeds away is always a tough game because their fans are so vociferous and always get behind their team.

Keep the faith.

What's this? An Everton team that look threatening going forward? One that crosses the ball properly and shoots!! More of this please.

….it just makes it so much more enjoyable when your team carries attacking threat away from home. I’ve been requesting this for years so yesterday was very encouraging.

Also like to highlight our brilliant travelling support, well done to all who continue to follow us away from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.