Leeds United Vs. Everton - Capital One Cup 3rd Round - Tue 25th September @ 7:45PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

I live in sheffield, and it's raining a lot, really hope this goes ahead, i'm more worried about getting a train from sheffield to leeds.

Might be worth getting an early one mate I saw some signs on twitter of cancelled trains to leeds. At least if you get one early you can definitely catch that game.

Football pitch is a little bit bigger Nik

OH ****. So the multi million pound football business has to shell out on a BIGGER bit of canvas?! DEAR LORD!

And to the other guy, yes tennis gets called off because the game itself dictates it cant be played in rain, such as the players slipping in trainers and the ball not bouncing properly. In football neither of this matters unless its absolutely ridiculously waterlogged.

If they put a cover over the pitch this morning and had it on untill kick off we wouldnt even be talking about it being called off.

OH ****. So the multi million pound football business has to shell out on a BIGGER bit of canvas?! DEAR LORD!

And to the other guy, yes tennis gets called off because the game itself dictates it cant be played in rain, such as the players slipping in trainers and the ball not bouncing properly. In football neither of this matters unless its absolutely ridiculously waterlogged.

If they put a cover over the pitch this morning and had it on untill kick off we wouldnt even be talking about it being called off.

It's a LOT larger Nik. How would they possibly set up the canvas in such a way that the middle part was high enough off the ground so that the water actually ran off the sheet rather than causing huge puddles on it ?

Besides, the drainage systems are perfectly capable of dealing with everything but torrential rain, a canvas would just end up flooding the sides of the pitch, that's if it was even possible to make one big enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.