Transfer Rumour Leander Dendoncker

Yes or No

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmm. Buy Dendoncker, loan Gilmour and play them with Doucoure, that may well be a balanced and functional midfield. Don't get my hopes up Fabrizio!! I guess Dendoncker would be about 20 million with 1 year left. No doubt wolves will activate their clause and demand 30!!

“With your extensive worldwide knowledge of players & recruitment database, who do you think we should go after Kev?”

“Erm, …..there was a couple of decent players at Wolves”.
It's definitely going along those lines!

Dendoncker for me is the exactly the type of profile we need, for the position we find ourselves in. Is he a world class player, no? But he's a very good premier league midfielder.

We need players who have the quality and are ready to play 30+ games in the premier league now.

Players like Happy Gilmour might have higher ceilings (I'm not so sure) but with having such a poor quality squad, and realistically looking like we could get relegated, or the very minimum be involved in a relegation scrap, we don't have the luxury of squandering our limited budget on what if's and maybes.

If Dendoncker has a year left, and is available for 15M, then just get it done, structure it best possible, 5M upfront, 10m over 2/3 years length of contract, and that addresses part of the problem we have, whilst also retaining budget to be used else where.

Status
Not open for further replies.