Votes: 161 32.7%
  • 16th-17th

Votes: 129 26.2%
  • 18th-20th

Votes: 134 27.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we'll struggle in the regional conference. However probably get top pick in the draft next year.

Every season expect to be champions, that is the minimum least is for my club and if any other fans don’t believe that it’s loser mentality.

13th to 15th is currently the top vote? With this squad? Unbelievable. I would snatch your hand off if you offered me 17th.

I went for 13th to 15th.

Think time with Lampard on the training pitch will help. Tarkowski improves the defence. Think Gordon and a few others could improve. DCL being fit for a season could help.

Richarlison going hurts but I think the potential improvements above should cover some, if not all, that loss.

Add a few cheap but thoughtful signings to strengthen midfield and centre forward options and I can see it being a season of relative lower mid-table serenity. Don;t see anything better than that. Can't really envision how a full-on relegation battle develops like last season.

Do you also “expect “ to win the lottery.
No as I don’t play it, Celtic fans expect to win, as should every fan, if not you shouldn’t be going what’s the point if your going with the attitude we’re not going to win, the league is the absolute bare minimum but winning the cups and Europe is a nice bonus.

I’ve been around long enough to know that strange things can happen in football. Who would have thought that back end of 83 we’d be the best team in Europe within 18 months, and at the end of 2003/4 we’d qualify for the Champions League the following season.
However, with the midfield we’ve currently got I just can’t see us not being around 15-20th. A massive challenge for the coaching staff to get the midfield players to anything like a level of competence where they can actually keep hold of the ball, never mind create anything.
Also I fear our best player from last season, the crowd, won’t have the same levels of energy to pull us out of the mire as they did at the end of last season.
It’s football though, so who knows!

Status
Not open for further replies.