Latch V Sharpy

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I actually think Heath was a better all round player than Sharp. Who I suppose was in the right place at the right time.

If my memory is right, his goals seemed to dry up once the team stated to drop down the league in his last 2/3 years.

he also didn’t get a lot of caps for Scotland.
Latchford for me

....I think Sharp has the best back-to-goal technique of any central striker I’ve seen. You only have to listen to Andy Gray & Gary Lineker talk about how good he was. He chipped in with a fair few important goals as well. I once spoke with a top flight defender who marked Sharp and said he was so good he didn’t see a single ball played up to him.

Quality and aggression.

Latchford was terrific but Sharp was different gravy.

Didn’t Hansen play him in with a bad back pass? I watched the match on a big screen at Goodison.
Think that was right in front of me in the Anfield road End,Hansen played a ten yard pass looking for lawrenson or vice versa across the box got it wrong,sharpy intercepted and hit a feeble shot right at grobelaar.

Big Bob was a proven goalscorer, while Sharp had to prove himself.
Remember he got dogs abuse at times,but obviously had broad shoulders.
We all just fell in love with Bob from the off.
Remembering when they left they still done a job for Swansea and Oldham.
Latchford done well to get his caps while the scots love in with their clique players never helped Sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.