2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if we do sign him ..... it's Keane / Mina for the first few matches. Mina's spot to lose at this point. O matter who ( if anyone ) comes in

Football London rating from them

Kurt Zouma 5
Really poor defending from a corner early in the half to allow Mark Morrison to score. Some nice tackles, however the connection with Luiz was a little rusty at times.

David Luiz 6
A stunning shot that smashed the crossbar, but the worrying thing was the defending wasn't great from the centre-backs. Too often there were big spaces between the two.
Zouma head is on merseyside

I think you're all romanticising about him far too much. For 40m we could get a much, much better defender. He was one half of a defence that just about finished 8th, and was a joke for almost half a season. He has great potential that's for sure, and he did build up a decent partnership with Keane, but I think there is better value to be had elsewhere. That said, wouldn't be gutted if we signed him.

“I loved my time at Everton” said the big Frenchman after his latest outing for Chelsea, “But the truth is I want to stay here and compete for silverware and enjoy the fans who don’t get on the teams back as soon as the going gets tough.”

Off.

I think you're all romanticising about him far too much. For 40m we could get a much, much better defender. He was one half of a defence that just about finished 8th, and was a joke for almost half a season. He has great potential that's for sure, and he did build up a decent partnership with Keane, but I think there is better value to be had elsewhere. That said, wouldn't be gutted if we signed him
About the only post of yours i've ever agreed with...i feel dirty now

“I loved my time at Everton” said the big Frenchman after his latest outing for Chelsea, “But the truth is I want to stay here and compete for silverware and enjoy the fans who don’t get on the teams back as soon as the going gets tough.”

Off.

Good effort.

Throwing a wild one out there - Instagram post shows his boots stitched with Zouma 5 - Jorginho is 5 at Chelsea ... obviously reading a lot into it - but wouldn’t his boots have his Chelsea number

I think you're all romanticising about him far too much. For 40m we could get a much, much better defender. He was one half of a defence that just about finished 8th, and was a joke for almost half a season. He has great potential that's for sure, and he did build up a decent partnership with Keane, but I think there is better value to be had elsewhere. That said, wouldn't be gutted if we signed him.
You mean 5th. The defence finished 5th, the team finished 8th. In fact, the defence was just a few goals off of playing at CL level, so Id say priority would be in keeping that together.

Status
Not open for further replies.