2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically you’re not going to get a decent CB who can readily step in for less than £30m. I’d happily pay the extra £10m which will mostly be in add-ons for the 12 months experience he has in our team, league experience and the fact that we can bring him in pretty late because of this. Just my opinion like.

I actually think this. People forget Zouma’s awful form prior to that spring break. At one point he seemed to forget about the offside rule completely.
I like Zouma but some are making out he is essential to us, hes good and a great prospect but he's no VVD.
I would of liked him to stay but feel because he enjoyed being here so much, and his personality turned him into a fans favourite, some are taken in by him.
For all we know Silva and Brands might not be as sold on him as we are.

We lost Zouma the day the original loan was done without an option to buy clause / negotiated price. IF he's deemed surplus ( which he doesn't seem to be ) , the current price escalation will make it too expensive now. Brands / Silva need to have a Plan b / c / d etc....and get moving forward.

Got to get Zouma or a similar type of player, surely must be looking at Leipzig...i find it strange were just selling Lookman to them and not trying to swap with cash for one of theirs...

So you’ve seen him play at 15. I’m not convinced he’s miles better than Gibson. And if Chelsea had signed Gibson from Newcastle fir 6mil as a 16/17yr old and we had signed Ampadu, then I would imagine it would be Gibson getting all the praise off the media. As every Chelsea’s youngster is a superstar according to the media.

3 years ago, Abraham, Solanke and brown were going to be world beaters. Josh mceachran, Chalobah. The list is endless. Maybe with this transfer ban one or two will come through. But before I race to the bookies and Back Ampadu for the ballon D’or I’ll wait thanks.

Might be worth the reading again what I said when comparing Gibson and Ampadu.

I said Ampadu was miles ahead in terms of development , Ampadu has made 12 first team appearances for Chelsea’s first team and has played 8 times at full international for Wales who are the 23rd ranked team in the world.

I have no doubt that Gibson is a huge talent but until he plays first team football it really is hard to make a realistic judgement whereas Ampadu has.

We need a centre half this summer but it doesn't have to be Zouma. I'm quite comfortable going with Mina as first choice. If we cannot get Zouma then move on and get a different option.

I really don't think we're gonna blink with this.

Yeh, it's dead important to have an alternative lined up, that much is certain.

But, as long as that alternative is lined up, we can realistically hold firm for Zouma until the closing days. We don't have to worry about him settling in, and he'll have had a full pre-season. We're in a good position and there's no massive rush (as long as there's a back up there).

Might be worth the reading again what I said when comparing Gibson and Ampadu.

I said Ampadu was miles ahead in terms of development , Ampadu has made 12 first team appearances for Chelsea’s first team and has played 8 times at full international for Wales who are the 23rd ranked team in the world.

I have no doubt that Gibson is a huge talent but until he plays first team football it really is hard to make a realistic judgement whereas Ampadu has.
Apparently according to wiki he’s played 5 games for Chelsea, 2x fa cup and 3x Europa league. It’s easy to give games in them competitions when you’re playing for for 4 trophies, especially if it’s against a div1/2 team in an early round of the cup or a dead rubber in Europe.

And a number of youngsters have played for wales in the last 10yrs And plenty have dropped down the leagues sharpish. Take Ben Woodburn I know he hasn’t dropped down the leagues, but again considered a superstar had 10caps for wales. Yet hardly got a game for Sheffield United last season in the championship.

Apparently according to wiki he’s played 5 games for Chelsea, 2x fa cup and 3x Europa league. It’s easy to give games in them competitions when you’re playing for for 4 trophies, especially if it’s against a div1/2 team in an early round of the cup or a dead rubber in Europe.

And a number of youngsters have played for wales in the last 10yrs And plenty have dropped down the leagues sharpish. Take Ben Woodburn I know he hasn’t dropped down the leagues, but again considered a superstar had 10caps for wales. Yet hardly got a game for Sheffield United last season in the championship.

According to Wiki he played 5 games last season and 7 the season before when I went to school that is 12 games. He has played in the PL and yes he has played against the likes of Notts Forest and Hull in cups but then again in the domestic cup competitions he has played against PL opposition in the likes of Bournemouth, Newcastle and yes even Everton .If it’s easy to blood youngsters then why hasn’t Gibson made his debut?

Ampadu might fail to make it, then again he might not but my point still remains in terms of development he is far more advanced than Gibson

According to Wiki he played 5 games last season and 7 the season before when I went to school that is 12 games. He has played in the PL and yes he has played against the likes of Notts Forest and Hull in cups but then again in the domestic cup competitions he has played against PL opposition in the likes of Bournemouth, Newcastle and yes even Everton .If it’s easy to blood youngsters then why hasn’t Gibson made his debut?

Ampadu might fail to make it, then again he might not but my point still remains in terms of development he is far more advanced than Gibson
Yes my mistake I thought the 7 the season before was fir Exeter, still 6 were cup games.
Last season Gibson was injured early on and we had no Europe. The 17/18 season Beni Baningime played 9 games for us and Feeney played 2 Europa games.

Youngsters getting games depends on the circumstances at the time. I doubt Beni will ever play 9 games for us again.

Status
Not open for further replies.