2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read on Twitter that he'll count as a homegrown player next season.

And with Chelsea having a transfer ban it looks like they are going to keep him.

I meant more the fact that they have left it so late and ive constantly read reports that Chelsea never offer more than 12months for over 30s.

Retaining him makes sense, as you say hes played almost all season.
Luiz has just signed a contract extension with Chelsea!
Yeh anything more than 12 months goes completely against their ethos.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...new-two-year-chelsea-deal-club-continue-plan/

Signed for two years

Silva saying in Bascombe article that he's open to staying. On Zouma and Gomes

"With both it is really good and really honest, until now I didn’t have one sign coming from them they don’t want be here. I am not saying they won’t change their mind tomorrow, three days or a week, but since we started to plan something their opinion has been really important"

Zouma was behind Cahill in their pecking order lets remember. Plus I think they will get a suspension on the ban till January. I think we have a shot at him but it could cost us north of 35m.

His contract runs out in 2023 and I'd be surprised if he would be happy to see 32 year old Luiz sign a 2 year deal, Like how long does this guy wanna stick around Chelsea before he gets a chance? I think we have a slim chance but we'd get absolutely rinsed by Chelsea for him like proper Gylfi levels.

I suspect Fat Lazza will feature in Chelsea's plans next season...especially with him qualifying as homegrown and what with the Chavs transfer ban. But I thought he was a very good loanee.

I think we will get him but i think it will drag on for some time.

Would be nice to sign him and see him and Mina together...

I think we will get him but i think it will drag on for some time.

Would be nice to sign him and see him and Mina together...
The best individual players don’t necessarily form the best partnerships Zat? I think Zouma’s partnership with Keane looks very good and is one that Mina will struggle to split if Zouma signs permanently?

Watching him play mate, you can judge players on reputations or you can judge them on their observable skill sets and attributes then context, my opinion is based on the latter and my assessment is pretty much what i posted.
Fair enough, i hope you are right, just need him fit.

How much is the max. Prices are crazy these days and top defenders are now going for 75 million. I reckon this could cost us around 45 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.