2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm honestly not sure I'd want to pay the kind of money that Chelsea would probably demand anyway. I know it's a risk going for someone else that hasn't played in our system before. But although Zouma is decent, he will never be top class.

Zouma is a French international, impressed for us last season and must stand every chance of being a regular for Chelsea this season imo. Luiz has excellent ball distribution skills but a bit like John Stones, is a mistake waiting to happen, not the best positionally from a defensive point of view as he's caught out of position too often and isn't going to improve this late in his career.

Christiansen has always been good enough as central defensive cover, only getting a chance when injuries occur. The lad loaned to Derby is young and may develop but isn't yet attuned to the pace of the premiership.

I know Rudiger won't start the season but can see him alongside Zouma as the likely partnership for them in the near future.

Lampard seemingly has him as very much part of their plans.

We would like him but can't spend any more time on it if it looks unlikely to happen.

Pretty obvious.
Did people really expect him to say no to Chelsea and come here.
Out of the options zouma and rudiger will be the first choice by a country mile

Think we should move on. Lampard will be wanting to stamp his authority on the club with a 'no one leaves unless I say so...'

Must be other targets.

In practice central defence is one of the least difficult positions to replace. It would have been nice to get Zouma for a good price, given he knew the place and performed well in general last season. But I don't see it as a difficult task to hit upon someone with the same level, given a bedding in period like Zouma himself had.

Status
Not open for further replies.