2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Chelsea's Kovacic article

The signing of Kovacic puts Chelsea under pressure to sell or loan out at least one foreign player to fulfill Champions League squad guidelines. Everton want to sign central defender Kurt Zouma permanently.

Hopefully this helps, cant see what other 'foreign' player they could get rid of for decent money who may not be 1st choice.

Willian is gagging for a move.

Seems strange tho, they lost Hazard, bought Pulisic, Kovacic was already there, am I missing something?

Willian is gagging for a move.

Seems strange tho, they lost Hazard, bought Pulisic, Kovacic was already there, am I missing something?
It says champions league guidelines and they weren’t in it last year? That’s a guess by the way, not an answer.

Why has he gone from 'using my loan deal to get back on the Chelsea team'. To 'please come and get me Ev bae'?

Yeah that and he was a bit crap last season.
I think he's just one of those that you can reliably find a buyer for, since he's always been good enough to slot into top sides.

Even if he doesn't pull up any trees at Chelsea, he'll end up moving to another Champions League club for something like what they've just paid.

Why has he gone from 'using my loan deal to get back on the Chelsea team'. To 'please come and get me Ev bae'?

Trying to look at it in a balanced way.
Zouma has established himself at Everton as a key player. Perhaps Kurt was unaware of the size of the club too. He will also have far more knowledge of what the club is trying to do.

Chelsea have just lost Hazard. One of the best players they have ever had. They also have Lampard coming in as manager which is an unknown quantity.

Many reasons for him to return.

Status
Not open for further replies.