Zouma on loan?

• Yes

Votes: 500 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 50 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you mean that the defence (apart from Digne) took 12 weeks to sort out (the length of the transfer window) and we only sorted the main priorities (2 centre - halfs) out on deadline day, with one of them going to the wire with us having to put in a deal sheet for an extension on Zouma.

When despite the good signings we’ve made however long it took.(ask spurs fans )you are determined to see the negative side of it

Don't you mean that the defence (apart from Digne) took 12 weeks to sort out (the length of the transfer window) and we only sorted the main priorities (2 centre - halfs) out on deadline day, with one of them going to the wire with us having to put in a deal sheet for an extension on Zouma.

Sometimes you have to wait.... We would not have been Mina's preferred destination (why would we be?).... Mina kept us waiting while he rightly awaited his options...

Zouma wasn't our 2nd choice, clearly we were hoping to bring in someone else (likely Rojo) and Zouma was our backup.... When United failed to sign Alderweireld, they couldn't sanction the sale of Rojo, so we moved on... It was smart of Brands & Silva to have back up lined up, so they deserve credit there..

Not sure I can understand this perspective.

We did the deals. That Mina went to the wire means we got the absolute best deal we could for our number-one target. We negotiated until we couldn’t negotiate any more.

From this side of the window, I can’t understand how anyone could view it as anything other than a great success.

You are right, sir, we should have never signed these CBs. If you cant get them in before august Marcel, dont bring them in at all. What a dutch fraud he is, bringing in people late. The nerve.

You are right, sir, we should have never signed these CBs. If you cant get them in before august Marcel, dont bring them in at all. What a dutch fraud he is, bringing in people late. The nerve.

:hayee:

I'm stating a fact, The poster said we had sorted our defensive issues out in under a week, the transfer window had been open for 12 weeks, so it took 12 weeks to sort our defensive problems out (and on the last day) not under one.

Not sure I can understand this perspective.

We did the deals. That Mina went to the wire means we got the absolute best deal we could for our number-one target. We negotiated until we couldn’t negotiate any more.

From this side of the window, I can’t understand how anyone could view it as anything other than a great success.

I'm not having a pop at the club. The lad said we had fixed our defensive problems out in just under a week, which isn't true, they were sorted on the last day of a 12 week transfer window, just stating a fact.

I think Brands and Silva have been superb this window. There was obviously a plan A, plan B, plan C etc and the outcome of it all has been better than I expect any of us dared to hope for.

I said it elsewhere but I will repeat it again here. Under Koeman/Walsh we seemed to spend huge amounts of money on random players. With Brands/Silva I sense leadership, intelligence and a plan.

For the first time in a long time I feel that my football team is in good hands.

It won't happen overnight and it may take another couple of windows to fine tune but Brands/Silva have done more for us in this window alone than Koeman/Walsh and Martinez ever did for us.

And give Moshiri some credit too for seriously bankrolling the transfers.

Sometimes you have to wait.... We would not have been Mina's preferred destination (why would we be?).... Mina kept us waiting while he rightly awaited his options...

Zouma wasn't our 2nd choice, clearly we were hoping to bring in someone else (likely Rojo) and Zouma was our backup.... When United failed to sign Alderweireld, they couldn't sanction the sale of Rojo, so we moved on... It was smart of Brands & Silva to have back up lined up, so they deserve credit there..

As I just said to the other lad, I'm not having a pop at the club, I was just pointing out that it never took just under a week (like the other lad said) to sort our defensive issues out, it took 12 weeks.

Is it just me or does he look like Mangala's twin brother? Hope he's the talented twin!

Just you mate or it was just sly racism.

Chelsea-transfer-news-Man-utd-Kurt-Zouma-1000879.jpg
Bu2cYSSIAAAMyu2.jpg

As I just said to the other lad, I'm not having a pop at the club, I was just pointing out that it never took just under a week (like the other lad said) to sort our defensive issues out, it took 12 weeks.
Our defensive issued will only be sorted out when we have 4 CB's fighting between themselves for a start.With Keane and Jags as back ups we still have a way to go.

When despite the good signings we’ve made however long it took.(ask spurs fans )you are determined to see the negative side of it

Bored now. As I've just said to the other lads, I'm not having a pop at the club, or being negative as you say. The lad said we had sorted our defensive issues out in 'JUST UNDER A WEEK' which obviously isn't true, we sorted it out in 12 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.