Votes: 500 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 50 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Club couldn't find a Zouma lens.

hqdefault[1].jpg

As someone who became a blue in 2009 it's kind of sad to see the end of the players I started watching back then in Jags and Baines, but this seems to be a sign that 2018 will be the swan song for both of them.
It is sad, im still a Pienaar fan....i have been a fan all my life but i can get the Moyes years beginner opinion....we just didnt have the same turnover of players as other clubs did..due to lack of finances ....hence why those players were so engrained in the con....sience....con..shance...con cence....aaaahhhh can't we have a spell checker on the menu !!!!
Anyway, all players will be replaced eventually. The skill of this was never bettered than Fergusson's united. Small incremental improvements....and still winning trophies. I can only hope we can emulate that....but in a slighty bigger way :dodgy:.

It is sad, im still a Pienaar fan....i have been a fan all my life but i can get the Moyes years beginner opinion....we just didnt have the same turnover of players as other clubs did..due to lack of finances ....hence why those players were so engrained in the con....sience....con..shance...con cence....aaaahhhh can't we have a spell checker on the menu !!!!
Anyway, all players will be replaced eventually. The skill of this was never bettered than Fergusson's united. Small incremental improvements....and still winning trophies. I can only hope we can emulate that....but in a slighty bigger way :dodgy:.
You're right on. Pienaar's downfall and later sale was a sad one as well. Part of my introduction to Everton was the Baines-Pienaar pairing at it's prime.

You're right on. Pienaar's downfall and later sale was a sad one as well. Part of my introduction to Everton was the Baines-Pienaar pairing at it's prime.
As an opening to everton, it was a terrific pairing. Still my favorite pairing in the 2000 decade and since.....actually not bettered YET !! I can only hope Digne and Richarlison can get a semblence of that chemistry....or even the Coleman Walcott axis on the right. We can only hope.

As an opening to everton, it was a terrific pairing. Still my favorite pairing in the 2000 decade and since.....actually not bettered YET !! I can only hope Digne and Richarlison can get a semblence of that chemistry....or even the Coleman Walcott axis on the right. We can only hope.
I thought Coleman/Gerry had a shot if they had enough time together and kept a threat like Lukaku up top, but was not to be. The greatness in Baines/Pienaar was that they did what they did with little help from huge talent or big threats up front.

I thought Coleman/Gerry had a shot if they had enough time together and kept a threat like Lukaku up top, but was not to be. The greatness in Baines/Pienaar was that they did what they did with little help from huge talent or big threats up front.
bang on, We had .....King Louis and the Yak...actually both pretty good but yeah your point stands.
Everton havnt had any real pairings since then and I think thats been to our detriment.
Ask Shearer or Cole about pairings, If you want to have longevity and a successful team in this league.....you gots to have pairings....preferably all around the team. I think our short comings recently have been due to us wanting that one player that can do the biz....fact is we need a team and a team on the same page....
sorry mate, you have me on a friday night and I'm wrecked. i apologise ..

Status
Not open for further replies.