Match Thread KRC Genk vs Everton (Sat 22nd July, 15:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat

Avoid at all cost
300px-KRC_Genk_Logo_2016.svg.png

Koninklijke Racing Club Genk is the team next up for Ronny Ks super blue army as we face the smurfs from Belgialand.

Genk is well known for its outstanding youth academy. In 2003 they built their youth center next to their stadium and set up a youth program with Ronny Vangeneugden. There are further plans to build a boarding school and some synthetic pitches. In the past and now, many young players have found their way through the youth system. Some examples are Yannick Carrasco (Atlético Madrid), Jelle Vossen (Club Brugge), Dennis Praet (Sampdoria), Steven Defour(Burnley), Christian Benteke (Crystal Palace), Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea), Divock Origi (Liverpool), Timothy Castagne (Atalanta Bergamo) and Kevin De Bruyne(Manchester City).

Current players to watch out for are 1 time Everton target Sander Berge and, erm, nobody even cares, right?

DFMTiTVXYAEQbug.jpg

As with most of these pre-season games im sure Ronny will be giving most players a chance and hopefully we get our first look at Sandro the Canonnball in the famous blue shirt. With just a week to go till we kick our first proper ball of the season a perfect chance for everybody to show they wanna be part of the new Everton.

Up Ronny Ks blues.

I believe their Croatian GK is prone to crippling bouts of homesickness. I suspect Everton might exacerbate that affliction ...

Apparent decent players for Genk are as follows:

Brabec, Colley, Berge (linked with him), Malinovsky (Ukranian Calhanoglu), Pozuelo (ex-Swansea), Naranjo, Karelis, Ingvartesen (linked with him).

Genk players better than Besic:

You forgot my favourite one: Leandro Trossard. The fan favourite is Buffel; not so much for his footballing quality (he used to be good but not any more) but more for his other qualities. Recently his life has took quite a sad turn; his wife having had cancer for three years succumbed to the illness this year leaving him to raise three year old twins.

They are imo serious outsiders for the title this year (they are the sort of club that is able to play for the title every 5-7 years; not a real top club but somewhere in between). Really like their trainer; and the sort of football that they try to bring most of the time.

Also Karelis has ruptured his ligaments, and I think he still has +- 2 months of recovery to do.

Id really like to see Koeman trot out his preferred starting lineup together for a half, in preparation for the Europa league match. I feel like he got a good handle on most players through the first 2 games.

Id really like to see Koeman trot out his preferred starting lineup together for a half, in preparation for the Europa league match. I feel like he got a good handle on most players through the first 2 games.

The team he plays in the Europa game might not be his preferred starting lineup though, im not saying he will play a 2nd string nor take the Slovak fellas lightly, but this season will very much a squad game.

Where's the game being played? Is the squad just staying in Holland for now and travelling over to Belgium?

Status
Not open for further replies.