2017/18 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
We kept moaning last season that we had no competition in the wide positions for Bolasie etc. Why can’t Dowell compete with Lookman Vlasic Walcott for some of these spots rather than us going out and buying another player.
If he's good enough he can. If he's not then he can do one as far as i'm concerned. We need to move away from just 'giving people a chance' and wasting yet another year watching someone floundering round before we decide that actually they're not quite up to scratch. The ruthless side of Everton needs to finally step forward and take control - if we've got the chance to sign someone considerably better at the expense of game time for an academy graduate then just do it. We're not a charity.

If he's good enough he can. If he's not then he can do one as far as i'm concerned. We need to move away from just 'giving people a chance' and wasting yet another year watching someone floundering round before we decide that actually they're not quite up to scratch. The ruthless side of Everton needs to finally step forward and take control - if we've got the chance to sign someone considerably better at the expense of game time for an academy graduate then just do it. We're not a charity.

The last few years we’ve had Bolasie Mirallas Lennon Siggurdson Calvert Lewin Valencia Barkley all getting opportunities in our wide positions. Dowell is at least worth a go as you say if he is good enough. If we go out and buy a top quality wide man to go with Walcott then fair enough but if we start the season and we have a player out of position ‘doing a job’ there then I’d rather see Dowell playing.

Tbh I’d rather see Lookman starting in that position with Dowell having the opportunity to cover any of the wide forward positions as first sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.