2018/19 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best player for us tonight. Ran the game.
This. Very surprised so few have him down for MOM. He started slowly, as did the team, but grew in confidence as the game progressed and ran the midfield I thought. Be very interested to see his stats versus Siggurdson because I thought he had a lot more of the ball. He was in a few tight spots, yet always found space and time. If we can be patient with the lad and let him develop he’s going to be a class player imho.

This. Very surprised so few have him down for MOM. He started slowly, as did the team, but grew in confidence as the game progressed and ran the midfield I thought. Be very interested to see his stats versus Siggurdson because I thought he had a lot more of the ball. He was in a few tight spots, yet always found space and time. If we can be patient with the lad and let him develop he’s going to be a class player imho.
And unlucky not to get on the scoresheet by all accounts.

Not something in large supply these days but spot on.

Game passed him by first half but looked good second half. Dowells talent and vision are beyond question, it’s clear as day that he has the talent to be a top player. It his ability to consistently influence and effect games that is still his issue but if we want to see whether he can iron that out he needs to be playing regularly and not kicking his heels for the u23s. It will need patience from the supporters, which isn’t exactly something we have been known for as a fan base.

And unlucky not to get on the scoresheet by all accounts.
Should have scored at the end to be honest but just put it the wrong side of the post. He’s just one of those players that always looks like he has time on the ball. Haven’t seen Bernard play yet but to me he’s the only player we’ve got with the vision to open up defences with his passing. He’s a bit young to do this consistently but give him time. Great that Silva’s shown some faith in him after that joker Koeman.

We had 5 young players 21 or younger out there tonight, and they all did very well by all accounts.

I know it was only a mid table championship team. But still, well done to our young lads tonight. They get a bit of stick on here when things don't go well for them so it's nice to be able to give them a bit of praise for a change.

Should have scored at the end to be honest but just put it the wrong side of the post. He’s just one of those players that always looks like he has time on the ball. Haven’t seen Bernard play yet but to me he’s the only player we’ve got with the vision to open up defences with his passing. He’s a bit young to do this consistently but give him time. Great that Silva’s shown some faith in him after that joker Koeman.
He has that time because he's in plenty of space when receiving. Seems ages ago when he had his debut. In fact it was. He needs to be given his chance this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.